Newbie, 1 week in.. couple of questions.

manc350z

Hi.

I'm new here.. been reading for the last week or so and driving my new Z.. i have posted an intro message and i have a few questions that i thought i might get some advise from you guys on. .. after reading and searching i wanted some opinions on my cars problems from the community !

I am new to Nissan ownership.. have been admiring the 350z's since they were launched ..

so after i stopped admiring them I bought an 07 plate 313 gt in blade silver, 5k miles from a dealer in stockport, Manchester a week ago.. I have run 650 miles so far and am Very Very pleased with the car .

It is going back shortly to have some paint done.. (the day i was picking it up some muppett had scraped down the rear wheel arch portion of the bumper, dealer was v helpful and pi55ed it happened so said to book it in to have paint done and any other issues sorted after i have run it for a week or two).

My issues

Bluetooth - Acquires phone, accepts voice commands, dials numbers then when person i call answers they get no sound at all, like i have a muted microphone at my end..... Dealer stole another BT unit and fitted it on collection day, no change.. i tried 5 different phones since, an SE k850i, an SE 610, an N80 Nokia, an N60 Nokia and a LG shine, all produced same issue.

Clutch - Ok, it has the noisy bearing problem and i have had that on BMW's before.. also has the rattle rattle when you tun the engine off with the clutch lifted from the transmission after it has had some beans... but i have some bad transmission noise when i pull off.. you can hear it in 1st, 2nd and 3rd but hard to tell in 4th (too much other noise !).. the noise sounds like metal on metal grinding.. imagine scraping 2 worn steel brake disks together without too much pressure forcing them together and you have the sound... it is not brake related because only happens when gears are engaged, if you are driving along and dip the clutch it goes... gear change is good and smooth, there is no clutch slip but the noise is .. well.. just wrong !!! i also get some juddering pulling off and what i would call a tricky biting point.... oh and some occsional burning clutch smells which i can't say only occur during specific driving habits.....

Rays alloys - Car has the Rays fitted and after reading the forum and stories of wheel corrosion i went and had a much closer look at mine... the wheels are unmarked, no curbing at all but 2 of them have corrosion starting where the alloy legs meet the rim.. .. do you think this is something Nissan warranty covers ?

And my general obeservations - i love the way the car rides, you get little rebound from the suspension, it feels really well planted for it's weight, the chassis feels really rigid and the brembo brakes work well.... bad points.. the traction control interferes too much (easy to fix that though) and the engine noise is fab .. but a bit muted (also easy to fix) !

Basically i love it !

So.. any advice appreciated b4 i visit the dealers !

Cheers

David

The only answer that i'm postive about is your rays and that they are replaced under warranty bud.

Nissan as a rule while take some pics of your alloys and send them to nissan GB, you should get a reply within a few day as to whether they think they warrant changing :thumbs: (i know as i had mine changed)

+1 with what xStric9x says about your Rays but I find it hard to believe that an 07 car should have that problem so soon - makes me wonder if the wheels have been changed over - does the tyre wear seem commensurate with the mileage?

On the phone issue - I presume you have tried raising the volume and you are talking towards the mic (by the rear view mirror? The only other thing I think of is that given its s/h the cars phone book may be full and/or the number of previous phones tried has muddled it (that is a guess). Might be worth deleting all the phonebook entries (Page 4.38 in my handbook) and pairing your phone again with the car's bluetooth. Other than that you may well have a faulty mic in the car.

The gearbox noise and even the range of clutch issues does not sound right at all. That needs a NGB inspection IMO.

Hope this helps :)

Did you have an independent inspection before buying?

• 4 weeks later...

OK..

Update to my problems (opportunities)

Bluetooth - Not bluetooth at all... failed Microphone, new one on order. Apparently the car must have a different microphone for voice command input than it does for phone conversation.... ???

Clutch - Noise just "vanished" after a trip to the dealers.. they came for a drive .. took it in the workshop for a while, brought it back and said "can't find anything serious apart from a noisy bearing which is too minor to need attention.. " they could hear something on a test drive otherwise they wouldn't have taken it in for a check.. either way they fiddled, noise has gone and the bite point is ok.. or maybe i have just got used to the bite point ! Either way is good for me..

Alloys - I am being WAY too picky.. i'm gonna leave them for a while to see if the very minor bubble gets bigger.. or i will leave it untill the next service is due and get them sorted then.

Top and bottom is i am now 1 month in and loving it !

Will post some pics once i get the scuffed wheel arch sorted later this week..

:)