Buying a used ZED

Ebized

With the ZEDs increasing popularity as one of the best s/h sports car buys and which can be picked up for sub £10k resulting in more interest and membership in this site, a dedicated sticky to help wannabes avoid buying the wrong one would be helpful. Some of the tales of woe we are seeing of late suggest that as ZEDs that are now up to 6 years old may not of had the best maintenance, or worse.

Yes, we have the 'known issues' etc but I read with some concern about what seem to be impulse buys, without any serious checks, that turn out to be carrying some gremlins that are best avoided or at the very least hopefuls would have a better understanding of what they could be letting themeselves in for.

Having bought and sold dozens of cars in 40 odd years of car ownership, experience has taught me some lessons that you can never be too careful. Now that ZEDs are more affordable, unfortunately not all are what they should be. I would hope that any being sold by 350-uk.com members are not in that league and if the member selling has earned his wings (entitled to his free sticker ;)) then as a well known participant his credentials should give a measure of confidence for buyers. That said, when I see cars bought on a credit card on the basis that you can get your money back without getting the car thoroughly checked, that totally blows my mind.

Sarnie recently helped his mate to buy a used ZED - invaluable advice as someone with his experience can ask the right questions and know what to look for - probably a whole lot better than most 'qualified' engineers who may not have checked out a ZED before.

So what I am saying :yawn: yeah, yeah, is that if we had a sticky that provided a profile of not only known issues but with the risk/necessary factor involved for the particular item, hopefully that might help some of the members (and the lurkers) who are looking for ZEDs avoid the duds or having a nasty shock after purchase?

Thoughts? ;)

Sarnie recently helped his mate to buy a used ZED - invaluable advice as someone with his experience can ask the right questions and know what to look for - probably a whole lot better than most 'qualified' engineers who may not have checked out a ZED before.

I have to say that having a experienced 350z owner is indeed an invaluable asset.I was wondering if there were any potential buyer's on the forum who would benefit if say they requested an "experienced member" to come along with them to view a car that was local to them? I know that this would have to be voluntary but it could be an option to explore?

We are also more than happy to assist with prospective new owners whether that be checking out a car or simply providing advice over the phone on what to look out for.

More than willing to have our name added as a source for information.

No charges involved of course.

+1 but with charges :thumbs:

Ps that is a very good idea.