Door trim scratches

Rentech

Sitting in the car today I noticed a few small white spots on the door trim that surrounds the window and mirror adjuster switches. Thought I'd just splashed some polish onto it but on closer inspection it seems they are small nicks in the outer surface :rant:

I guess some bright spark at Nissan thought 'I've got a good idea, let's make the door trim out of a white material and coat it black, then when it gets scratched it will look extremely obvious'.

Anyway, it an '07 model and I guess I may have caught the trim with my keys as I have not noticed it before. Has anybody tried touching this area up and what did you use? All I can think of at the moment is something like a black indelible marker.

Cheers

See my post from a few weeks ago - the new 06> revised soft touchy interior is about as durable as the proverbial Coco fireguard!

Just get a black wax crayon :D - rub it over into the scratch with your fingers and thats enough to hide it. I tried black magic marker and ink pens but they dry out - I am still looking for a better solution longer term will keep you posted - but its a vinyl/paint covering that we need really. :surrender:

• 3 weeks later...