Passenger Door Whistle .... New Door Seal?

adncd

Hi,

i could do with some feedback on this, i have a whistle coming from my passenger door. It looks like it is coming from the window. I had Nissan look at it and they have said they think that it needs a new seal. The window does not appear to sit in the seal properly when closed.

Noise kicks in at about 80 or less depending on the direction of the wind.

The window does not look like it is dropping so i dont think it is the motor issue, and it looks like it is fully up. When Nissan looked they said that it could be the allignment but they had a look and said that this is ok.

So... questions

has anyone had this before and have a fix for it?

i was quoted £300 from Nissan to fix this. (we have hada slight falling out over the issue and i will not be returning to this garage so would prefer to do it myself or get someone else to do it).

Is a door seal and easy thing to replace, looks pretty simple but i expect its more complicated than it looks.

Anyone know where i can get one of these from other than nissan.

does anyone think it is something else and the door seal is not actually required.

here are a couple of picks sorry not very clear from my phone. hopefully you can make out that the window is at the top, but the seal is not wrapping around it as with the drivers side.

passenger window

SP_A0164.jpg

drivers window

SP_A0169.jpg

any help would be appreciated.

Has your windscreen been replaced? The fitters have to remove the top part of the seal over both doors when they do this. Hopefully your's just needs refitting correctly.

That a look at the service manual (find on the internet) under windscreen replacement, also can search on the forums - that'll tell you all you need to know about refitting the door seals, it should be fairly straight forward!

BTW If anyone is thinking about getting their screen replaced - my advice is to stay and watch the guys doing it very carefully - I had my screen changed recently by a national windscreen company (I left them to do the job without watching) - I am now persuing them to repair damage they caused when fitting the screen! :angry:

Steve

Thanks guys, spent a bit of time looking at the passenger and drivers side, over and over. the passenger side window seal is not right.

I haven't had the car long so cant say about the windscreen but don't think it is this.

i pulled the thing around a bit and it is sitting in the correct place but just doesn't move properly i think the rubber may have gone off. on drivers side when the window moves into the seal the outer edge stay put and the inner section gets squeezed up. on my passenger window the opposite is happening. its the out edge that moves and therefore get moved up and does not fold around the glass. also at the back with the door open the rubber is squashed into the car body and does not rebound back out.

for the time being i have pulled the seal out, packed behind it with some cloths and put it back in place. Its not the prettiest thing, but at least it has stopped the noise. All i need to do now is get a replacement.

It does look like it will be easy to do a few fixing points and some glue, the seal fits into a lip so it can only go in correctly as far as i can see.

When i get the replacement i will post a description and pics as to how i get on.

If anyone hears of a spare passenger door window seal pls let me know.

Thanks