Somebody Please Cheer Me Up :(

Dragun

Hey Guys,

After seeing a few second hand V3 veilside spoilers (Ive already got a bet on how many replys are about how horrible it is lol) i decided so suck it up and buy a brand new one from Nemesis Uk.

I recieved it on Saturday and it was cracked in a few places. I was shocked at the build quality of it...was it real Veilside??? looked like it came out of someones shed!! all the cracks were based where the spoiler edges had been rubbed down, but they went to far so it has split......I called Nemesis and they said the spoiler was fine when it went out so it must have been the courier.

I signed for it as A) it would have taken me an hour to unwrap lol and B) the courier had nowhere to park and was holding up traffic so signed and he went.

Now Nemesis say they will speak to TNT and call me later today.....but it doesnt look good....

I took it to a bodshop today and they said its just poorly manufactured, and they cant fix it and if they did it would just crack after a few days again.....i knowi got 28days to get an exchange but if Nemesis dont call back of cant help im screwed. For £550 is an exchange so much to ask?

Any suggestions or help will be appreciated :headhurt:

Sorry to hear about that.

I think most carriers give you the option to report a problem after the delivery has gone and your also protected by the Trading Standards stuff - also there is that online buying cooling off period thing also - sorry not very techie woth this stuff!

Did you buy on credit card? You should have some protection there too?

Basically they have sold you goods that are not up to the standard as described - they should offer you a full refund within 28 days, they can mess about and blame the carrier but personally I would just get the money back and not use them again!

Good luck with it

Go to the Citizens advice or your local trading standards office . :thumbs::boxing:

Couriers seem to be getting worse at the moment, I have heard so many stories of damage recently that I wouldnt fancy being a trader, a constant battle to get insurance.

+1 but it does help when the place you are buying things from are totally understanding and try to remedy the problem immediatly :thumbs:

I mean i know im protected by the sales of goods act as this is not fit for purpose.....i just dont want to go down the road of gettin trading standards involved as nemesis always had a good reputation and Guy, seems like a good guy lol.

Here are pics.....i really didnt expect this from veilside :rant:

P130908_1453.jpg

P150908_1307.jpg

P150908_1308.jpg

P150908_130801.jpg

I called nemesis this morning arond 9:30, they said leave it with them but honestly how long does it take to call a courier and come to a conclusion.Dont know whether to be patient and be at risk of wasting time or to just be ruthless and call them again. In their terms and conditions it days 28day exchange policy,.....nothing about couriers being liable after its shipped.

Thats not courior damage, thats bad workmanship, think Andy had the same issue with his airbrake.. sorry spoiler..

Just looked at the pics again and its shocking workmanship...If you really like it then I would get nemisis to pay for the bodyshop repair as that looks like the only way its gonna sort it out... That would be a hard for couriers to damage in that way.. a knock on the corner from being dropped maybe..

What was the cardboard box like? Look like it had been squashed by an elephant?

Lets see what the traders do to sort that one out..

Also, having bought a veilside carbon lip, the fitting is pretty bad, that is unless Zeds in Japan are about an inch narrower than the UK ones!!

It didnt even come in a cardboard box!!! it came in that plastic wrapper, wrapped in loads of bubble wrap!! took me ages to unwrap and when i finally did i saw that lol.

Thing that bugs me is Guy said he checked it before it came out. I cant see how Veilside can justify their prices with this workmanship and the workmanship on your lip, its shocking.....if i have nothing better to do i shall be writing to them to air my thoughts,

Airbrake :p lol....even the bidyshop i took it to said it can be repair but would be a total bodge.....Nemesis still not called back. I called TNT and they said that if nemesis arent taking responsibility they would have to put a claim through to TNT....aghhh i hate this :( was booked to be fitted tomorrow :(

Paid by paypal.....give them a ring and see what happens...think they only offer protection up to £500

to be honest mate it doesnt look a genuine veilside product. i recently got a veilside front lip from adam @ z1 and it all came properly boxed up with veilside embossed on the front, and fitting instructions etc etc where as like you say it looks like a cheap copy knocked up in someones shed.

id speak to adam because they see veilside bits everyday so will soon tell you if it looks genuine or not!

My spoiler didn't have Veilside written on it either but was genuine Veilside.

I would personally see what Nemesis say when they get back to you, dealing with couriers is never a 5 minute phonecall in my experience! It is your right as a recipient to also write unchecked on the couriers sheet if you don't have time/can't check the goods while the delivery person is there.

Not having a go but would maybe hold back on hanging Nemesis out to dry until you see what they say?

packaging is a difficult issue as if items such as this are boxed often they are more likely to be mistreated as they have no idea what is inside and heavier items get loaded on top, we are often advised that if there is a certain exposure they will be treated more carefully, still doesn't always work though.

A lot of items comming from Japan tend to come in crates if you are ordering in volume so no boxes at all.

We had two items last week both to the same customer that were damaged despite being packed very carefully.

damagedscorpion.jpg

damagedcarbon.jpg