CD Changer comaptible??

nurrish

Does the factory head unit have an input for an external cd changer?? The one that already has the cd 6 changer built in.

Don't think so mate, as its integral already! There's avenues you can go down to get ipod compatibility, but other than that you are into new head unit territory.

OK i have found a solution for any body who is interested

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iPod_Car_Kit/Universal_FM_Modulator/Dension_ice%3ELink_FM_Modulator

Apparently this is supposed to work pretty well and is the only real viable option to get an auxiliary input to our factory bose head units.

Maybe this could go into a sticky to help people like me looking to get an auxiliary input from an external source

Well not really seeing as in wires directly into the head unit and is tuned on dedicated unused frequency's.

It's not wired in directly though, it just intercepts the incoming radio signal and passes that through whilst broadcasting it's own signal. Granted, it's a bit neater than the one I'm using as you can tuck it away somewhere but it's also 100 times more fiddly to install in the first place (not saying it's a hard job though). I don't think there is a perfect solution for anyone with a UK car, only some that are better than others.

In all fairness I took a gamble on that Monster one, but the ability to tune your own frequencies in was a godsend when travelling to Le Mans this year. It seems that Essex and France appear to have very different frequencies used! :lol: