Tyre Fitting in Swindon / Wilts Area

ClarCE

Hi All,

Just paid black circles £330 for all 4 tyres delivered, but they couldn't arrange fitting for Tuesday, which is the only time I'm off this week..

After inspection this morning, even tho the front tyres are brand new mitchelin pilot sports, 1 has a slow and the other has a gash in the side wall. The rears have a small amount of tread left and are showing cracking signs, so I bit the bullet and bought all four.

Now for the funny bit: My local tyre fitter told me it would be £35 per wheel fitting because the wheels are bigger than normal and it would be difficult - I actually laughed down the phone at him before hanging up!

So, anyone know of anywhere near me that would do it for reasonable, i.e. around the normal £12.50 or less per corner?

Cheers in advance,

Chris.

• 3 weeks later...

which brands did you go for?

bristol pro tyre would be cheaper i think.

when you mean local tyre fitter, is that a uk wide branch or an independent?

i found when i wanted tyres fitted, own supplied, some uk wide branch ones, said no. will you be disposing the old ones yourself?

i was reading Evo past articles, and it said they manage to fit a set of tyres in the car, i can't see it possible

i had my wheels refurbed recently and the guy uses a mobile tyre fitter.

think he may charge £15-20/wheel

but that takes into account of travel and diesel etc. so if all 4 done at the same time, i guess cheaper and closer to the £12.50/corner you expect.

but got to remember that inflation does happen in all trade, and hence all things cost more.

might be worth ringing a few mobile fitters. otherwise how do you take 4 tyres down to a fitter in a zed?

• 1 year later...

Why soo cheap? cheap tyres then? I just purchased x4 tyres from Kwikfit (25% off all tyres) in Swindon £614 fitted Bridgestone RE050A's which Bridgestone recommend (standard sizes 07 plate). £30 cheaper than black circles and a lot cheaper than anywhere else, even if cheaper delivered, still need to get them fitted and thats £17.50 a corner on average at most places. Did that place happen to be Bell Exhausts. I also laughed and hung up! I was happy when kwikfit quoted price, usually 25% off is on the sh*t standard tyres but this month on all tyres :thumbs: