Over Fueling

D12BHP

Hi all,

I have a forced induction Z having problems with over fueling?! I have stock fuel pump and a addtional Walbro pump is this to much ...

See spec for the car below...

Any advise would help - I guess the piggy back ECU I have is not helping the problem....

Cheers

+1 speak to whoever installed the SC

Normally the FPR bleeds excess pressure back to the fuel return so it shouldn't matter how high the supply pressure to that is - assuming you mean you have two pumps working in parallel supplying the fuel line >> (instead of one for the swirl pot and one for the fuel line in series) I've never heard of needing a walboro in addition to a stock pump rather than just having one bigger one instead. But I'm not that familiar with what's needed for the hp you have.

Running rich is one possible symptom of a broken FPR but no more likely than a faulty air sensor, stuck injector, bad map, etc etc.

Basically the question, spec and information is a bit too vague.

--

edit - alright, I read some of your other posts. You've said already that tuners you've spoken to say the Daz-tech ECU isn't up to the job ... I suggest you swap the wheels/repaint money for a visit to a good garage who will either install and map whatever ECU is needed or find the source of the problem if that isn't it.

Normally the FPR bleeds excess pressure back to the fuel return so it shouldn't matter how high the supply pressure to that is - assuming you mean you have two pumps working in parallel supplying the fuel line >> (instead of one for the swirl pot and one for the fuel line in series) I've never heard of needing a walboro in addition to a stock pump rather than just having one bigger one instead. But I'm not that familiar with what's needed for the hp you have.

Running rich is one possible symptom of a broken FPR but no more likely than a faulty air sensor, stuck injector, bad map, etc etc.

--

edit - alright, I read some of your other posts. You've said already that tuners you've spoken to say the Daz-tech ECU isn't up to the job ... I suggest you swap the wheels/repaint money for a visit to a good garage who will either install and map whatever ECU is needed or find the source of the problem if that isn't it.

All very good points. As Stew has said, go see a reputable tuner to see what they suggest. It could be many things as jonb says, so we cant really diagnose and fix it over the internet. With FI installs you really need to have a reputable tuner you can go to for this stuff. :)

Guest prescience

--

The Vortech as specd provides a separate 155 Walbro (note not usual 255) in line and controlled via boost (1lbs boost to 6-8 lbs extra fuel pressure depending on Vortech year/spring rating) :)

Just to advise on the original question, the 155/stock combination is good for up to about 450BHp - I assume you don't have that because it's most unlikely you would be over-fuelling and developing a true 475 as per your sig.

If you have a 255 and 530 injectors then you have enough fuel potential and as mentioned it's simply a tuning issue to adjust the fuel injector cycle (time each injector it is spurting fuel) -the larger your injectors (and assuming you have enough fuel delivery capability which with 255 you should have) the shorter the cycle time needs to be at give rpm etc