Chrome Grill Kit

M13KYF

As well as washing and waxing the car today. I finally got round to applying the Chrome Kit (Halfords 9.99) to the grill.

Some of you have already done this but for the benefit of those that haven't and wish to know what it looks like, I've taken some pics.

normal_Cimg0489.jpg

normal_Cimg0490.jpg

normal_Cimg0492.jpg

normal_Cimg0494.jpg

looks really cool :thumbs: , no probs with fitting ? did you have to use adhesive ?

Comes with a 3M sticky back. Just need tom use a hair dryer (I used the misses cos I've got no hair) :scare: to warm the chrome strip up to make it more pliable for the acute bends. Took 20 mins in all. :D

Also you use a hole pack to do the horizontal bars. If you wanted to do the verticsal bits inbetween you would need another pack.

Halfords do two different widths. Use the wider one. 7.5mm I think. Its made by HR Auto Comfort and its 3 metres by 7.00mm.

Stay clear of the other stuff which they sell. Japanese instructions only :headhurt:

looks really cool :thumbs: , no probs with fitting ? did you have to use adhesive ?

Comes with a 3M sticky back. Just need tom use a hair dryer (I used the misses cos I've got no hair) :scare: to warm the chrome strip up to make it more pliable for the acute bends. Took 20 mins in all. :D

Also you use a hole pack to do the horizontal bars. If you wanted to do the verticsal bits inbetween you would need another pack.

Halfords do two different widths. Use the wider one. 4.5mm I think.

Stay clear of the other stuff which they sell. Japanese instructions only :headhurt:

sounds good , a quick trip down to a Halfords looks on the cards :D

Stop it dammit.. :angry:

I started off thinking that Rays was going to be the only modification going to be made.

Now this ison the list, as well as a dozen other things...

You'll see me broke!:p

go on get a nice exhaust and induction kit on , it,ll sound awesome with the lid off :D

Now then, about this chrome grill look....

Ive just been to halfords, and found not one, not two, but four, yes four, different chrome trim kits.

Anyone still got the packaging? Which one is it? There are twotypes that are 3 metres long, and two types that are 4 metres long, different widths etc...

So, can someone please enlighten me?

Just got the packaging out of the bin so here goes

B) Made by HR Auto Comfort Red packaging 3 metres long and 7mm width. Also there is a 3M logo in the top right corner below the HR auto.comfort logo. £9.99. B)

think my details earlier were wrong. So ammended them to.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...