Water in headlamps

zedproud

I have just had the 3 year service completed on my zed and on close inspection when returning home i noticed moisture in both headlamps that was not there before.The dealer had washed the car without my instructions and possibly used a pressure washer.Inside the bottom of the units was rainbow discolouration which suggests soap ingression.However this was caused is really unimportant but surely the units shouldn't fail like this.Have any of you experienced the same problem?.I still have a couple of weeks warranty left,and have any of you taken out a Nissan extended warranty or similar?.

strange one this, as im sure many of car owners have used pressure washer on there cars and this should definetly not cause your lights to leak.

if it dosnt go away and as the car is under warrenty i would ask them to repair the problem or better yet replace the lights.

i have had lights misting when cleaning my cars in the past and i just put it down to outside temperature and water temperature creating condensation,

the lights do have a outlet hole in the back with a small rubber hose coming out of it pointing down to let moisture out.

how long has it been like that ?

Paul

Dream Customz