Nissan multipoint check

Rentech

Hi All,

Does anyone know of the exact checks carried out when a dealer or Nissan carry out a multipoint check on their used cars? Can't find it anywhere on the Nissan site though a link would be great if anybody has one.

Unfortunately I'm a bit of a pessimist. Currently waiting to pick up a Nissan Select 57 reg Z with 4.7k on the clock. As I've committed to buying I'm starting to mull things over during my painful week long wait. The car is in excellent nick, as would be expected from a 9 months old car. My only concern is that the tyres seem fairly low on tread. Not down to the first wear markers yet, but possibly only a few mm away. I know this is a sporty car and the previous 'Nissan Manager' owner may have enjoyed its performance, as hopefully shall I, but just seemed a bit excessive.

Anyway, hoping the multipoint check will be thorough enough to alleviate some of my fears.

My car (bought back in Feb) had similar history to yours: Done just 6K miles, owned by NMGB and used by a branch manager. It had had 2x multipoint checks when I bought it but no full service. I've just had the P2 done (skipped the P1 altogether) to bring it back up to date, and as it was purchased via Nissan as well I've got a bit more come back if anything is wrong (not to mention the remainder of the normal warranty as well).

A multipoint check will be a visual one i.e. does it have oil, is there life left in the pads/tyres/discs, any signs of rust etc. You've still got loads of warranty left, so I really wouldn't see it as an issue.

Picked mine up friday with 19.5k on the clock and the nissan garage where i picked it up from did an 80 point check. wen i checked yesterday they had changed the oil as well so i suppose its at the garages discretion as to wot they do.