Donny Show - 27th - 28th Sept 2008 - Doncaster Racecourse

H5

The last big show of the season - Donny Show at Doncaster racecourse.

This is about as centrally located as we can get for a UK wide show, and the team are looking to get as many members along as possible to show off their cars. Your car does not have to be modified, this is a car enthusiast show as much as a modified show, and the venue lends itself quite well to it too.

There are no details up just yet regarding costs etc. The club is looking to get a stand and I have been in contact with the organisers about locations and so on. Expect costs to be about £20 - £35 for a weekend pass and similar for a passenger.

Why attend? A chance to meet some of the people on the site is always good. Even if it does mean you suddenly want to bling your engine bay when you never saw the point before, it is great to see other's cars. We also tend to have good support from our trader friends, and there will be some prizes on offer over the weekend.

The club is also looking at assisting members in someway with the show, details to be confirmed over the next few weeks.

Any of the people that have been on Wales Runs or to other meets will know these things have a great atmosphere and are good fun.

I will do the organising side of things, I'd love as many of you as possible to come and be part of it. :thumbs:

Please register interest below, and put on the best car club there.... :)

Further update.

Now that the refurbishment of Doncaster Racecourse is complete, the prices have been released. These prices are for the whole weekend.

Enter 1-9 cars - £55 each

Enter 10-14 cars - £35 each

Enter 15 or more - £30 each

I think it's fair to say that sets the baseline at 15 cars, so get your names down! :)

• 4 weeks later...

1. H5

2. Bigphil and ESR

3. Chesterfield

4. Shire

Sorry chaps I'm going to have to step out of this. I have a 30th birthday party to go to on the Saturday night. They've hired a boat for the night so heavy drinking out at sea! No way I'll then be fit to drive up as I was planning to come on the Sunday. Sorry for messing you about :)

I'm looking at buying a normal ticket to go along to this as a spectator, on the Saturday only, but more to have a look around.

Would be good to say hello to anyone if you do get a stand together, I can drop by.

Otherwise anyone with a 350Z and I'll be asking if they're on the forum :)

I saw the rate was £18 for just spectator in advance, £25 on the day to spectate. I saw the rates for cars on show are as start of this thread. I'll NOT be showing my Leon!

Maybe see ya there?

It looks like it at this rate. :blush:

I will be discussing next year's shows with the rest of the team and see if we can get earlier commitment from people. :thumbs:

Guys,

If there are only 4-5 of us attending, I will duck out of this event. Especially as it is £25 per person on the day (I know the advanced fee is £18 pp).

If we can get more to attend, however, count me in!

Chris (Chesterfield) - are you going?

Neil