Anyone using an aftermarket alarm system on a UK Zed?

Z Boy

I'd really like to get some kind of aftermarket alarm system put into the Zed as this morning I caught some little git mooching around on my driveway at 6am and it's only lucky that I was awake at the time. Ideally I want a system with a proximity sensor in. Does anyone have one of these? Can a proximity sensor be added into the standard alarm system?

Thanks!

My car isnt a UK version but i have one of the top toad alarms with proximity sensor.

Personally I never really use it as I live in a built up area and park it in a car park but I must say they are really good!

Anyway my point is why try to add the alarm to the system, why not just get a replacement alarm with immobiliser, prox sensors, movement sensors and all of the relevent standars that may bring your insurance down for probably less than an add-on?

Just my 2 cents..

I have a JDM 350Z and have the Clifford Concept 650 Mark II fitted.

The standard unit is a Thatcham category 1 approved alarm/immobiliser and has, dual zone proximity sensing, remote controlled central locking,

door boot and bonnet protection, engine immobilisation, a pair of remote controls and a 120dB 15 tone battery back-up siren.

I got the Concept 650 with the Black Jax anti hijack option. you can add remote window open/close and remote starting as optional extras.

I had the Concept 650 fitted last November and have never had a problem with it.

You can also set the Concept 650 up yourself using the Cliffnet wizard and interface cable running on a XP laptop (available from a Clifford dealer or off ebay).

Click on the following link for more info.

http://www.cliffordproductsdirect.com/o ... ebtmifgit3