Just picked up a run about shed

Madmarky

Just thought id share my news. As my car is delayed once again, this time for around 5/6 weeks and seeing as it is the bodyshop in about a million pieces i decided to buy a run around.

I bought from a friend of a friend a P Reg (97) Vauxhall Astra Estate. It has 12 months MOT, 4 months tax, a new exhaust and 2 brand new tyres. Its only done 85K miles and i paid £300 for it, am quite chuffed. Its great to drive a car you really dont give a @*!# about. :thumbs:

Just don't park it where any idiot young girls can drive into it!

That's what happened to my M reg diesel astra (now Crashtra) and it was written off..... I bought a gaylander to replace it! :)

Just been out to see a few friends as ive been stuck in the house for about a month now and i have to say it felt amazing to be mobile again. The Astra drives really nice to be honest, slow as hell but is really quite a good little town car. I think ill keep it even when i get my Zed back, insurance is only £230 for the year which is now paid, its got 12 months MOT and tax is due before the end of the year and is prob around £200 for 12 months. So for £430 i should hopefully get a years use out of it and thats not even mentioning the money i would save not using the Zed day to day. Makes sense really :thumbs:

There are quite a few of us now have sh*tters for running about in. The Zed is very usable (maybe not in show car form) but even suited and booted (like mine) still usable everyday.

Ok, my run about isn't exactly economical being a 4x4 with a smallish engine however it was cheap and goes anywhere without worrying.

Peace of mind is cheap is in the shape of freelander for me now.