SAT NAV/DVD/RADIO/BLUETOOTH/ARRGGHH

sahb

Hi guys, first post so please go easy. Have just bought an 03 import which has been in the country for a couple of years. The screen is still in place but NO power at all going to it. The sat nav unit was binned by the previous owner. I am looking for the best way to install sat nav again. Should I rip out the current screen? Is the Sony slimline the best way forward given the apparent lack of xtrail or primera units? Also the phone buttons, etc. on the steering whell are dead to the world, any way of reviving them? Where is the phone cradle usually situated?

Cheers guys

Hi guys, first post so please go easy. Have just bought an 03 import which has been in the country for a couple of years. The screen is still in place but NO power at all going to it. The sat nav unit was binned by the previous owner. I am looking for the best way to install sat nav again. Should I rip out the current screen? Is the Sony slimline the best way forward given the apparent lack of xtrail or primera units? Also the phone buttons, etc. on the steering whell are dead to the world, any way of reviving them? Where is the phone cradle usually situated?

Cheers guys

You should still be able to use the screen, as its the only bit that can usually be salvaged. You could try to find a x-trail nav but these seem to be hit and miss. You could get a new system altogether.

Not sure about phone system. i don't think it will work here, GC350Z installed the phone system into his car but his was a euro spec car, not sure if it would work with a JDM?

Oh and :welcome: and :worthless::teeth:

welcome to the site mate. ive just bought a 53 import i had the same problem with the sat-nav. to get it working it was going to cost over a grand so i just bought a JVC-8100 works great with the car and it plays dvd- divx mp3 all the usual and you can also connect free-view to it, this only cost £390 and £100 fitting. the problem with the phone buttons on the steering wheel could be the person who had it before you had an aftermarket stereo fitted to the car but put the original one back in to sell it and didn't bother connecting it up properly maybe worth a look and the phone craddle should be situated in the centre console just behind the hand brake which should be a twisted cable with a connection on the end. im not sure but i think this is useless to british phones. i just bought a parrot hands free kit which works fine if you need any more help let me know

If either of you want to sell the Jap screen, I want to try and use one for something. Not sat nav as you say more cost effective to get a aftermarket unit.

So i'd be willing to buy the Jap unit off you, not sure how much they are worth though.

Jon