Can you jump start a Zed?

H5

i've had to bump start mine twice now, as i've had the starter fail to engage, same theory as normal,

biggest problem i had was i park facing uphill and you really dont want to try and do a 3 point turn in a z with no power steering and unservoed brakes!!! makes a man of you!!!

Dave

Erm... doesn't bump starting knacker the cats due to petrol washing over them? Or is that some old wives tale or even just for old carb cars :blush:

When jumping, connect the earth to the chassis, not the battery, although again, I thought jump-starting a modern car could fry the ecu??

I think you need a new battery Rob, either that or you have something draining it. But a good battery should be fine not been used for 3 weeks. ;)

That's what I was thinking. I am heading up to the Sound Gallery on Sat to have the system checked, and a few more tweaks....!! :D

Simple things like leaving seat heaters on can be enough to cause an issue, agree that after 3 wks a good battery should still be a good battery.

Is there a definitive answer on to bump start or not to bump start a Zed ? Must admit I'd probably not try it but still interesting to know.

It is the Alpine bluetooth kit, so if it is on there will be some current drain. I was thinking how long it was, and it was 3 1/2 weeks, which is probably enough to consume the battery's stored power.