MOT advice

NWZ

Hi Guys,

My car is going in for it's MOT this Friday and I think I read in the past something about not letting the garage put the Z on a rolling road / something to do with damaging the LSD?

Can anybody shine any light on this before I go this week please?

Hi Guys,

My car is going in for it's MOT this Friday and I think I read in the past something about not letting the garage put the Z on a rolling road / something to do with damaging the LSD?

Can anybody shine any light on this before I go this week please?

Yes thats right just advise them not to use the brake rollers when you drop the car off.

Think they have to use a Decelometer and then take the car out the back and brake hard and as long as it stops within a certain distance, then it passes.

There was a link somewhere to the UK MOT site and what was not meant to be tested on the brake rollers.

Will see if I can look it out.

d then take the car out the back and brake hard and as long as it stops within a certain distance, then it passes.

They have to drive your car!!! Mine was MOT'd in a shed in the next village in the sticks by a deliverence mechanic!

d then take the car out the back and brake hard and as long as it stops within a certain distance, then it passes.

They have to drive your car!!! Mine was MOT'd in a shed in the next village in the sticks by a deliverence mechanic!

It will say something like "This car is fitted with a limited slip differential, do not brake test on rolling road" on the printout that they get at the start

I said that earlier but was totally ignored :wacko:

:lol:

I never read the whole thread :blush:

It will say something like "This car is fitted with a limited slip differential, do not brake test on rolling road" on the printout that they get at the start

I said that earlier but was totally ignored :wacko:

:lol:

I never read the whole thread :blush:

:thumbs: