Boot separator rattle

Pagnobito

I'm not sure if this item is fitted to all cars?

The problem was on the car when I bought it a few weeks ago (from a Nissan dealer)

Basically the plastic clips that fit in the underside of the strut brace and in turn hold the boot separator come loose and then rattle.

It was in the dealers for the 1st visit for them to fix it and they just stuffed them back in and said it was fixed, well a couple of miles later and rattle again, so I booked it in again and said I would leave it with them to fix as I was off all day. About 45 minutes after leaving it, they called and said that it would have to come back in again because they didn't have any spare clips.

I can't believe that, they gave excuses such as they can't keep all the spares as they don't have the room, It is the first time Nissan has had this problem reported and they wanted to try something else before ordering the spares.

How much can a couple of clips cost and why didn't they get them in anyway in case the thing they tried didn't work?

Not happy I am having to go back a third time for such a simple item.

I have taken it out altogether now.

:rant:

It's not often that I will defend Nissan dealers but the tonneau cover is an optional extra and as such would come with the clips necessary to fix, extra clips would not be held in stock.

Agree with MBS on this.

It's a pretty crappy arrangement anyway whereby the threaded inserts that the toneau is fixed to are a press fit and expand along the lines of a rawl plug. If you don't have any luck with the dealer, then you could take them out yourself and wrap a bit of tape around them to pack them out a bit.

I thought the tonneau cover was the little wobbly bit that fixed to the hatch and covered the rear boot, but I stand corrected.

I did see some notes on my workshop report saying non-warranty so I will wait and see when I go back, I didn't realise it was an option.

I think if they fit new clips and then try to charge me for them I will tell them I will not be paying or they can put it back as it was. I am sure I can fix it myself if I need to.

• 1 month later...

No photo, but description.

Under the cross brace in the middle of the boot there are two clips which hold a couple of bits of metal with an angle and two holes in, one end takes the tanau cover the other takes a normal trim clip and fits in the hole under the cross brace. The clips under the cross brace were replaced. You can tell if is that causing the rattle as it quite easily flops about unless it is fixed in place.