HKS Rotrex Supercharger Kit

sonny

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knows much about the HKS rotrex supercharger kit, i have tried looking for some reviews but cant seem to find much about it? Is it reliable? how does it sound etc etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knows much about the HKS rotrex supercharger kit, i have tried looking for some reviews but cant seem to find much about it? Is it reliable? how does it sound etc etc?

Many thanks.

Sonny,

I ran the Rotrex system in the Purple Sumo 350Z [Hercules] for around one year and it was extremely reliable and very quiet as it runs planetary rollers instead of traditional toothed gears. I ran it on standard internals @ at a safe 365 bhp with standard belt pulleys.

At the same time on my other Zed I was running an ATI Procharger C2 but that is a story for another day.

You should find all the information that you require @ www.rotrex.com

but in the meantime find below a brief summary.

The HKS Rotrex Supercharger Kits for the 350Z are the only s/c forced induction systems for the aftermarket from HKS. The centrifugal type supercharger features a unique traction drive, with a closed oil circulation system. The traction drive utilizes fixed ratio planetary rollers that are more efficient then traditional gear-wheels. Because the planetary rollers do not have teeth like traditional gear-wheels noise is decreased and reliability is increased. The closed oil circulation system cycles a specially-formulated Traction Oil that lubricates and cools the supercharger, dramatically increasing longevity and reliability. The Traction Oil is cooled through a liquid to air oil cooler included with each kit.

All HKS Rotrex Supercharger Kits are developed as complete bolt-on systems. For certain applications HKS will include a front-mount air-to-air intercooler, Super Mega Flow intake, Bypass Valve, additional injectors, upgraded fuel pump and S/C Fuel Computer. Also included with each kit is a high-performance cast aluminum bracket which has been precisely engineered to reduce noise and vibration.

Kit Overview

Manufacturer HKS

Application 2003-2005 350Z

Base PSI 7psi

Base Power 315hp

Base Torque

Compressor Rotrex C30-94, HKS Turbine, Centrifugal with planetary friction rollers

Intercooler Air-to-Air front mount intercooler (1/2 width)

Piping Mandrel bent aluminum intercooler piping, Cast aluminum intake tube.

Fuel Upgraded fuel pump, 2x 525cc add-on injectors (inside plenum)

EMU HKS_FCON_S (direct plug harness)

Air Filter HKS Super Mega Flow Intake Filter

Blow Off Valve HKS Standard Bypass Valve

Rotrex C30-94 Centrifugal SuperchargerThe HKS Rotrex kit for the 350Z is built around the latest Rotrex roller-driven superchargers. HKS has swapped out the compressor in favor of their own turbine housing and wheel.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Alex.

Hi there,

Many thanks.

Sonny,

I ran the Rotrex system in the Purple Sumo 350Z [Hercules] for around one year and it was extremely reliable and very quiet as it runs planetary rollers instead of traditional toothed gears. I ran it on standard internals @ at a safe 365 bhp with standard belt pulleys.

At the same time on my other Zed I was running an ATI Procharger C2 but that is a story for another day.

You should find all the information that you require @ www.rotrex.com

but in the meantime find below a brief summary.

The HKS Rotrex Supercharger Kits for the 350Z are the only s/c forced induction systems for the aftermarket from HKS. The centrifugal type supercharger features a unique traction drive, with a closed oil circulation system. The traction drive utilizes fixed ratio planetary rollers that are more efficient then traditional gear-wheels. Because the planetary rollers do not have teeth like traditional gear-wheels noise is decreased and reliability is increased. The closed oil circulation system cycles a specially-formulated Traction Oil that lubricates and cools the supercharger, dramatically increasing longevity and reliability. The Traction Oil is cooled through a liquid to air oil cooler included with each kit.

All HKS Rotrex Supercharger Kits are developed as complete bolt-on systems. For certain applications HKS will include a front-mount air-to-air intercooler, Super Mega Flow intake, Bypass Valve, additional injectors, upgraded fuel pump and S/C Fuel Computer. Also included with each kit is a high-performance cast aluminum bracket which has been precisely engineered to reduce noise and vibration.

Kit Overview

Manufacturer HKS

Application 2003-2005 350Z

Base PSI 7psi

Base Power 315hp

Base Torque

Compressor Rotrex C30-94, HKS Turbine, Centrifugal with planetary friction rollers

Intercooler Air-to-Air front mount intercooler (1/2 width)

Piping Mandrel bent aluminum intercooler piping, Cast aluminum intake tube.

Fuel Upgraded fuel pump, 2x 525cc add-on injectors (inside plenum)

EMU HKS_FCON_S (direct plug harness)

Air Filter HKS Super Mega Flow Intake Filter

Blow Off Valve HKS Standard Bypass Valve

Rotrex C30-94 Centrifugal SuperchargerThe HKS Rotrex kit for the 350Z is built around the latest Rotrex roller-driven superchargers. HKS has swapped out the compressor in favor of their own turbine housing and wheel.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Alex.

Informative as always, Alex. :thumbs:

Isn't there a Zed with this on Pistonheads?

Thanks alot Alex, I really appreciate your help!

Yeh there is one on pistonheads for sale, thats why i ask, im going to view it on sunday to hopefully buy the car thats why i ask about the kit and whether its any good? :)