Front Bumper Lip protection- DIY?

live2themaxuk

Hey all

i need to find a way of protecting my front Aerosync lip form accidental damage. Im being very careful, but already got a minor scrap coming into my driveway today :wacko: so want to find a way to protect it from little dings

ANyone know of a strong rubber tape maybe that could be used? or a tape that is particularly resistant to abrasion?

cheers

J

Go to one of them places that do vinyls and ask for some of the clear laminate they use. They'll be able to fit it neatly to the underside and should protect against scuffs and chips etc. Don't think they cost too much either :thumbs:

Copter tape! Google it, use it on bikes to stop cable rub. Same stuff they use to protect helicopter blades. That or try and get some sticky back carbon kevlar type tape (dont know if it even exists!) as thats what they use in motorsport against abrasion.

Is it just the underside of the lip thats getting scratched? My Varis lip has had a few scrapes, but you cant even notice them tbh, I just leave it to get on with it :blush:

Copter tape looks GOOD!

I think i will use that as the first layer and also kind of wrap it up round the front of the lip then use something like this : -

http://www.kenilworthspares.co.uk/Detai ... ProdID=415

and put it along the underside with like 1/2 inch sticking out along the front edge.

should do the job!

No its nothing major, its on the underside so cant see and minor, but ive only had it a week and its bound to happen again so gotta protect my baby!

J

Sticky back plastic! next you will be recommending empty washing up liquid bottles and pipe cleaners :lol:

Finish of your Fairy liquid, put a couple of holes in the bottom, paint it in Halfords silver, and replace your power steering and/or windsceen washer bottles. There, saved you all £200 :thumbs: