Smearing wipers problem

The Hoff

Has anyone got any suggestions of something I can use to stop my wipers smearing the windscreen as they wipe.

They were fine until about a month ago when I found some 'connect your house and spray on' car wash/wax stuff, gave the car a clean with it and its been a problem ever since! (yes I know, feeling stupid for trying it now)

I have tried replacing the wipers for brand new Bosch ones and also cleaning the windscreen with white spirit. The white spirit made no difference and the new wipers have only slightly improved things.

Any other (sensible) suggestions of what to use? Rain X?

washing up liquid perhaps

Can of coke to clean the glass, removes all contaminates then wash of with plenty water, regular practise in endurance racing to remove oil on the screen during long events.

My neighbours already think I'm mad cleaning my car every week, what are they going to think if I did that! :lol::lol::lol:

Sound advise though, Coke cuts through any grease/oil/etc!

on this issue, are all 350z windows treated with that 'Rainex' type product, i noticed the last couple of times it has rained that the water acts like the windows were treated but wasn't sure if this is just the type of glass they use for 350z's?

on this issue, are all 350z windows treated with that 'Rainex' type product, i noticed the last couple of times it has rained that the water acts like the windows were treated but wasn't sure if this is just the type of glass they use for 350z's?

Not to my knowledge but from your sig you may be new to the car and its second hand so maybe the previous owner installed PIAA Silicone wipers as many of us did in the past. These have a similar effect to rainex as they leave a layer of silicone on the windscreen when used.

thanks for the response on the Rainex thing, I dont think its the wipers as the effect is all over and on all windows, side included. I suppose the previous owner must have had them all treated, i dont see any areas where it is faded so it looks like it must be fairly recent.

yes still new to the car, had it two weeks now! and loving it, not yet used to the accelleration in first, im a bit too soft in 1st i think, not pulling away quickly enough, i need to find a quiet car park to practice. B)