Falken ZE-912s just fitted

Zummertor

Thought I'd take the plunge into the more "budget" range for tyres as not tracking this car.

Having managed to get all tyres into the economical and tread depth that means replacing time I did all 4 tyres on std Rays.

Possibly not the best price but didn't have the time for a lot of phoning and haggling, so fronts £105 and rears £115 all fitted balanced, valves etc..

So far a few hours of dry and pelting rain not found any surprises or issues but as I've been "pootling" it is not exactly a stress test.

As time goes by thought it might be worth trying to remember to update with impressions, or if others have jumped this route they might do the same.

I've been running on Falkens for the last 2 years and cant fault them. I have heard that when they lose grip it's not as progressive as some other tyres, I cant really comment on that not having tried anything else, but they've never caught me out (yet!?) when having fun and getting the tail out.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update and thoughts / opinions.

ZE-912's replaced the std stones, always hard to tell on first impression when comparing new to older worn tyres but now having run them a few hundred miles and on a mixture of roads I'm fairly familiar with a few observations.

1) I think I feel more of the road surface than before.

2) Maybe a tiny bit more noise but not significant, more of a different tone.

3) Pretty ok on grip no surprises and on the rainy days definitely better but then comparing worn v new.

Overall they are OK I would not say the best tyres I've had on a car and not in Toyo or 452 status from reading others comments (I've not got a direct comparison and other cars all have plenty of grip on the tyres).