Dog friendly motor?

Digsy

Been looking around for something a bit more dog-friendly than our 3 door Micra. It does the job but I really want something bigger.

Now I immediately thought estate but the missus hates them so that's a no-no, so its probably got to be a 4x4 (not a huge one) or a large hatch.

Budget is around the £4-6k mark, preferably towards the bottom. I need it to be reliable and relatively cheap to insure. Economy isn't a massive issue as I won't be doing that many miles. Not too bothered about speed/handling - its a workhorse and I've got the Zed for that.

Any bright ideas? Preferably something interesting. :teeth:

Jeep wise, CRV or RAV 4 and smallish. My freelander is great but many go wrong so beware.

Hmmmm, not sure on hatches, more of a saloon fan.... A Focus ST, the earlier ones must be in that bracket.

I recently had the same issue, we have two Rotties.

If you want an absolute bargain have a look for a Mazda Tribute V6 Auto. They come very highly equipped and best of all they run the 3.0 V6 Ford Duratec engine - 200bhp. Mine has Leather, Air Con, Cruise, Multi CD changer, Moon Roof, all electrics etc. Mine is an 03 with 52k on the clock, full history and it was under £5000 through the trade !!! You just can't beat that spec for the money.

It's drives like a big saloon, very comfortable, quiet and smooth and with a decent turn of speed. It's sensibly geared for cruising too, 70mph is about 2000rpm and it will do 25mpg so not silly on fuel either.

I've never seen another on the road, which makes it a little bit different.

I'm very pleased with mine.

Pictures on my website : www.SouthamsOnline.com