Resetting ECU with OBD11

prometheus

yes it can. You can get a reader & software off ebay. I have the Digimoto software http://www.digimoto.com/ :)

You sure? I know you can reset the CEL, but have yet to meet an OBDII car where you can reset the ECU as well from the diagnostics port.

I've had my Gendan reader + laptop connected to my brother's MY07 Zed and didn't see anything remotely like an ECU reset button/option.

Guest prescience
ok, so now I know there is one somewere, can somebody tell me were and how to reset the ECU

I'm not certain the VW/Audi readers are compatible with the Z - Iseem to remember there being 2 types when I bought mine

yes it can. You can get a reader & software off ebay. I have the Digimoto software http://www.digimoto.com/ :)

You sure? I know you can reset the CEL, but have yet to meet an OBDII car where you can reset the ECU as well from the diagnostics port.

I've had my Gendan reader + laptop connected to my brother's MY07 Zed and didn't see anything remotely like an ECU reset button/option.

Yup pretty sure, Will double check when I get my car back later

Diagnostic port is around by the bonnet release

Yep spotted that, exact same connector that was on my old 2000 Celica.

Will have to try the OBD later to see if there is an option for resetting the ECU. How then does dear old Mr. Nissan reset it? They must be able to do it via the OBD as it is alot quicker than the other methods.

Guest prescience
Yep spotted that, exact same connector that was on my old 2000 Celica.

Will have to try the OBD later to see if there is an option for resetting the ECU. How then does dear old Mr. Nissan reset it? They must be able to do it via the OBD as it is alot quicker than the other methods.

Nissan Consult