The TV saga continues...

rmmackfc

I posted this on the forum sigs thread, but felt i needed to share my pain :angry:

My 2 year old Toshiba 42" LCD TV decided to stop working on Friday 6th June. Turns out the display panel is goosed ££££££ Of course it's a year out of warranty. Anyway I had phoned Toshiba and they gave the authorised repairer a new panel free of charge and covered all costs. I never needed to complain, they replaced it no problems.

I got the TV back yesterday and it worked ....... for 2.5 hours, then I had the right side of the picture go into darkness and super slow motion... ??? Looked bad, very bad. I phoned the repairer this morning and they can't pick it up until Monday morning... :rant:

I decided to phone Toshiba again and they are waiting on authorisation to provide the latest 42" LCD to me as a replacement ... fingers crossed.

Toshiba sending me a new TV :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: 42XV505

Once again, customer service was top class.

Toshiba are excellent, I have a 60 inch Tosh downstairs and a 42 inch upstairs in the "TV room". Both my kids have little Tosh's in their bedrooms. I also have two Toshiba DVD players. Excellent kit.