New HKS Twin Turbo Kit

Dragun

Hey guys just thought id share this with you.

http://www.hksusa.com/info/?id=3426

Its still a new product so theres not a lot of info on it however i had a word with Julian from Garage D in watford (Guy is like 3rd best drifter in the uk and knows everything about Jap cars) and he goes that this is the kit to have.... also the turbos sit nicely in the engine unlike other conversions which sit low and could be damaged on speed bumps etc.

I emailed HKS for some more info, figues etc and hoopefully ill hear back from them with some more info :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys just thought id share this with you.

http://www.hksusa.com/info/?id=3426

Its still a new product so theres not a lot of info on it however i had a word with Julian from Garage D in watford (Guy is like 3rd best drifter in the uk and knows everything about Jap cars) and he goes that this is the kit to have.... also the turbos sit nicely in the engine unlike other conversions which sit low and could be damaged on speed bumps etc.

I emailed HKS for some more info, figues etc and hoopefully ill hear back from them with some more info :)

Hey there

Did you ever find out any more info about this turbo?

Guys, this is much more complicated than it first appears.

HKS are only providing the parts that are listed in the link in the initial post and this will only provide a BASIC FOUNDATION OF PARTS FOR YOUR OWN BESPOKE SET UP.

There are many more parts required to complete this set up and that will depend on what power / torque you wish to run.

Anything above 400 hp will require an internal forged rebuild.

You will require to run VPro, VPro loom, upgrade the fuel pump and fuel pipe return and fuel rail set up, injectors, fuel bypass regulator, induction pipes will have to manufactured, air filters, oil cooler, radiator, intercooler, boost controller, extra gauges, wide band commander air fuel ratio monitor, suitable exhaust system, dump valve, uprated clutch.....the list goes on and on....The above is just off the top of my head and in no specific order.....Then brakes and suspension will required sorted.....Mapping £500 +....

You are asking for guideline prices, well here you go, remember I have personally done this so the numbers are for real.

If you want to run sub 400 hp then you will get no change from 10K.

If you want to run around a safe 600 hp and 600 lbs ft like me, then you will require 20K+ and that will not be the end to your spending.

Hope this helps, but it really is a mine field with loadsa hidden costs/extras and the decision to go fi should not be taken lightly.

Cheers,

Alex.

Guest prescience
Guys, this is much more complicated than it first appears.

HKS are only providing the parts that are listed in the link in the initial post and this will only provide a BASIC FOUNDATION OF PARTS FOR YOUR OWN BESPOKE SET UP.

There are many more parts required to complete this set up and that will depend on what power / torque you wish to run.

Anything above 400 hp will require an internal forged rebuild.

You will require to run VPro, VPro loom, upgrade the fuel pump and fuel pipe return and fuel rail set up, injectors, fuel bypass regulator, induction pipes will have to manufactured, air filters, oil cooler, radiator, intercooler, boost controller, extra gauges, wide band commander air fuel ratio monitor, suitable exhaust system, dump valve, uprated clutch.....the list goes on and on....The above is just off the top of my head and in no specific order.....Then brakes and suspension will required sorted.....Mapping £500 +....

You are asking for guideline prices, well here you go, remember I have personally done this so the numbers are for real.

If you want to run sub 400 hp then you will get no change from 10K.

If you want to run around a safe 600 hp and 600 lbs ft like me, then you will require 20K+ and that will not be the end to your spending.

Hope this helps, but it really is a mine field with loadsa hidden costs/extras and the decision to go fi should not be taken lightly.

Cheers,

Alex.

Excellent post and so true :thumbs:

Forgot to say, you coming to the jockland hoon? Would be good if you could make it!

That is the plan Stew, my name is down but I unfortunately can not confirm as yet but will let you know asap.

Supposed to be in FYR Macedonia that week end.