NorthWest-NorthWales Sunday drive + Ice cream!

Jacko

Kev , The Triangle at Belper a good meeting point ?? if were heading to Ashbourne... what time ?

Sounds good. I'm happy at 7:30am or shall we make it a little later for Chris?

Depends if he's going to meet us on route I guess.

I,m Ok with whatever time...I,ll PM you my mobile and if you could let me have yours in case of delay Etc..

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest guys, its a bit out of my way to go down to Belper to make a cross country journey to the meeting point - Id have to be setting off at 6:50 or 7 to meet you guys at 7:30 in order to get to the M56 for 9.

I reckon the best route forme is over the snake pass (A623) straight through to stockport and onto the M56.

See you at the main start line? :)

That way you dont have to wait around for me, or any of us have to start extra early just to form a mini convoy.

To be honest guys, its a bit out of my way to go down to Belper to make a cross country journey to the meeting point - Id have to be setting off at 6:50 or 7 to meet you guys at 7:30 in order to get to the M56 for 9.

I reckon the best route forme is over the snake pass (A623) straight through to stockport and onto the M56.

That way you dont have to wait around for me, or any of us have to start extra early just to form a mini convoy.

Sounds like a plan. What time will you be starting?

Weather update,

Looks a bit crappy and rain showers over here (when we start) but looks better when we get to Wales. I've done a quick reccy of some of he places and most are dry with even a little bit of sun, so here's hoping!

At least it looks like it will get better the more into Wales we'll go.... B)

weather now seems decent for tomorrow guys! :teeth:

Hi Jacko ,anywhere to eat whilst we are out??

Yeah I remember a couple of pubs, but we go through a few towns so we can alway stop somewhere if people want to. I think Bala has a few places, but its been a while since I've been there tbh. Sure there will be though..... Either that or there will probably be the obligatory fast food stand at Bala lake etc.

Don't worry I eat for England, so I'll be wanting some food of some sort! :thumbs:

hmm we better bring some extra sandwiches then ;):teeth:

Hi Jacko ,anywhere to eat whilst we are out??

Yeah I remember a couple of pubs, but we go through a few towns so we can alway stop somewhere if people want to. I think Bala has a few places, but its been a while since I've been there tbh. Sure there will be though..... Either that or there will probably be the obligatory fast food stand at Bala lake etc.

Don't worry I eat for England, so I'll be wanting some food of some sort! :thumbs:

hmm we better bring some extra sandwiches then ;):teeth:

Yeah, and the cookies you mention in your avatar or its Trading Standards for you Val! :p

hmmm i do have a bag of italian biscuits lying around somewhere.... ;)

I wish I could have brought the stickers which are currently LOST in transit after a major cockup :dry::dry::dry:

PS my car has more dents than I don't know what :dry::dry::dry::dry::dry: a new one on the bonnet just discovered too dammit! good excuse for a CF one? :teeth:

Chris. When I go down to dronfield I always go stoney middleton, chapel en le frith, whaley bridge and pick up the A6 to the M60 then M56. Find it's a bit quicker than snake pass from chesterfield area.

I wish I could have brought the stickers which are currently LOST in transit after a major cockup :dry::dry::dry:

PS my car has more dents than I don't know what :dry::dry::dry::dry::dry: a new one on the bonnet just discovered too dammit! good excuse for a CF one? :teeth:

Ditto with the dents but mine are all in the passenger door. I'm also looking like having a dirty motor as it's just started raining here.... :thumbdown:

Ditto with the dents but mine are all in the passenger door. I'm also looking like having a dirty motor as it's just started raining here.... :thumbdown:

garaged mine just before it did :lol:

garaged mine just before it did :lol:

Oh you people with garages are such show offs!!! :p

Just washed it in the rain - no chance of drying it off though....

Just a little confession amongst friends but its the first time I've washed a car for 8 or 9 years. :blush:

Ha ha ..... :teeth:

Well mine's all clean and been waxed, but its rained after anyway. And the friggin tree in garden has kicked off its annual tree sapping season, so got lots of little sticky drops on it now anyway....

So it was clean in honour of tomorrow, but will be full of sh*t by the time I meet you lot :blush:

so do we have to wait for him at stop 1??? :wacko: confused

recapping:

Jacko - Mark

TheMinel - Val (J6 first stop 8:30)

AndyC Y (90%)

M13KYF - Mike (J6 first stop 8:30)

Digsy

Max

Kai

Chesterfield

Kev

lomoto

D4V3 GT4 - Dave (J6 first stop 8:30)

all the others who haven't got (J6 first stop 8:30) will meet @ J14 M56....

see ya tomorrow! :teeth:

Weather doesnt look likethe best, but at least it shouldnt be cold.

Odd bit of sunshine apparenly too!

Setting off for the M56 J14 area very shortly.

nevermind posting! 45 minutes late he was! :dry: some admin we have :lol:

great day, uploading pics now B)