Clicking back axle - cured by main dealer?

sprevett

Finally got the zed into my local main dealer in Bolton where a nice bloke called Jim rotated both half shafts 180deg and filed them down, greased them up, tapped them 3 times and made a wish etc. as per Nissan recommendations. And....the clicking noise seeeeeems to have gone. :D Having said that, there was a bit of a kerfuffle about who pays as apparently my Nissan warranty only covers jobs requiring parts, not 'adjustments' such as rotating half shafts!! :rant: Dealer did the decent thing and did not charge me (!) - all seems a bit odd considering this is a design/manufacturer fault? Anyway, will the noise stay 'gone' or has anyone found this fix only a temporary one?

thanks guys - regarding longevity I guess if it starts to re-appear then it's back to the dealer for new shafts/bobbins/spigots/laydangles or whatever needs replacing, all under warranty of course which, the dealer told me, would be no problem because it uses new parts so is covered! doh!

I had mine done about 6 weeks ago but over the past few days i've noticed it starting to come back, not too bad just 1 click on take off but still it's obviously coming back. So looking like it's back to the dealers and hopefully they do a proper fix this time.

Anyone know what the position would be re warranty, if the cheap fix i.e rotate and regrease, was done under warranty but came back after the warranty had expired. Would the dealer be obliged to fix foc?

Anyone know what the position would be re warranty, if the cheap fix i.e rotate and regrease, was done under warranty but came back after the warranty had expired. Would the dealer be obliged to fix foc?

I think once the problem is logged/reported then the clock starts ticking from that point and if it runs out of warranty they are still obliged to honour the repair :thumbs:

I would definately say that if they have accepted the problem under warranty and carried out a corrective procedure that hasnt worked then the fault is ongoing and a more suitable repair is required. There is a lot more to warrant issues than what is covered in the \nissan paperwork.