windowscreen strength ! :)

powdermonkey1978

well what can i say , i am currently waiting for a windowscreen to be replaced after a fat a55 pheasant decided to hit it perfectly in the middle just below the rear view mirror, at around about 70 ish.... needless to say i got covered in glass and so did the pheasant, although i think it was not on its list of prioities at the time ! .... that happened sunday morning , did the usual thing check my insurer for the approved windowscreen repairer, and bobs your uncle i have to wait till today at 1 pm for a repair.. no stock :( nice speedy response there for an emergency repair company....

well the screen didnt come through, but i was surprised with how many shards of glass i got covered in , and also although i love the fact there are not many z's on the road, its a shame there is a 3 day turn around on a windowscreen due to not being a stocked item in the local area, ....

needless to say tonight is payback the 4x4 is ready and roof removed, rimfire subs , and hmr round's stocks replenished, and shotgun cart bag is full to bursting. even the batteries are replaced in the nightvision gear..... the furry critters are getting some payback tonight.....

i would take a piccy but its all covered in electrical tape and black bags , will try and get a few snaps just before its ripped out ...

You're not alone. My ex-brother-in-law was driving a tanker up the M5 and ended up with a swan in his lap! It had decided to fly across the road and didn't get enough altitude. Fortunately the only casulties were the swan and the truck's windscreen, that too could have resulted in a serious accident. :scare:

well payback has been negotiated in the form of 9 rabbits :) of which 7 are in deep freeze and 2 are in my belly .......... looking back at the critter coming throuh the window there was nothing i could of done to avoid it, just plain and simple unlucky for me and the pheasant, only ever hit the odd sparrow and a crow or two over the 12 1/2 years i have been driving first time any damage has resulted from it, certainly brings it home upon what damage a small plump pheasant can do , imagine if it were a deer or a person, it would of been carnage.... certainly makes me think twice about my mortality behind the wheel ......