All Braced Up! Feel Like A Teenager Again!

Gaz Walker

Thankfully NOT a trip to the dentist, but my GT Spec braces have arrived and are now fitted! :#1: I was a little sceptical about what difference these would make, but after fitting them, all I can say is Wow! The car remains flat during the corner and there is very, very little body role the car just seams planted. I can now push hard through corners that I could only dream about getting around in a standard Zed. Can't wait until the next track day, think the car is now a very potent track weapon! :drive1 The braces were easy to fit and were all on within a couple of hours. I also tried them on a UK hardtop just incase there were any fittment issues and they went straight on. Just got to try them on the roadster now. The braces themselves were extremly well made and fitted without any modifications. I also fitted my Carbing tunnel brace that I had sitting around at the same time to add some extra rigdity. Just waiting for my Cusco cage to arrive now... Wahey Good times!

braces.jpg

braces2.jpg

rearlateral.jpg

reartiebrace.jpg

carbingcentre.jpg

carbingcentre2.jpg

Thanks

Kevin

can you give us a breakdown on the prices kev ? does it alter day to day driving much i.e. does it feel much harder on bumpy roads ?

the zed can feel like a wallowy bus sometimes :blush:

does everything bolt to existing bolts (nothing need drilling fabricating ?)

All the existing bolt holes are used pretty much a straight forward fit. The only thing I had to alter was the plastic front under tray. The ride is still nice and comfy on the RSR's its certainly not a bone shaker.

I will put up a post with the pricing in the traders section within the next 1/2 hour.

Thanks

Kevin

can you give us a breakdown on the prices kev ? does it alter day to day driving much i.e. does it feel much harder on bumpy roads ?

the zed can feel like a wallowy bus sometimes :blush:

does everything bolt to existing bolts (nothing need drilling fabricating ?)