throttle sensor

kashz

hi my engine management light decides to come on a few days ago... so i got it checked and it come up as a throttle sensor so i rang nssan up they were sayin i had to buy an aftermarket throttle for £180 or a genuine nissan one for £1200 anyways i only need the sensors dont i ? i got a phone call sayin just clean the throtlle and the sensor and reinsert ? what to do

I just had the same problem with my 05 plate. They tried cleaning the throttle and sensor but that didn't solve the problem :dry:

Brand new part for £1200+VAT :wacko: ...... all at Nissan warranty's expense thankfully :yahoo: Been ok for 2 weeks since the work was done.

I just had the same problem with my 05 plate. They tried cleaning the throttle and sensor but that didn't solve the problem :dry:

Brand new part for £1200+VAT :wacko: ...... all at Nissan warranty's expense thankfully :yahoo: Been ok for 2 weeks since the work was done.

I assume that's a typo - you do mean £120 don't you?

I assume that's a typo - you do mean £120 don't you?

Two people in the same thread have quoted the same price so I'd assume not :)

• 2 weeks later...