Glasgow Meet - Sunday 29th June

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok.

Im heading up to Glasgow on Friday avo, and spending friday and Saturday night there. Spending Sunday night in Edinburgh.

So, I should be ok to meet up and have a chat, but may not be coming on the drive itself as have to head accross to the East Coast.

Just gotta clear it with my mate as he's not a massive car fan, and I cant just expect him to put up! lol

ill check with the boss! :blush: barely see her as it is with work so need to check it would be ok and she doesnt have anything planned. if im free ill pop along.. show you a proper car! :headhurt: lol :p

might need to get it washed first though eh jay? ;)

It was nice yesterday but pretty grey and wet today. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed it shapes up for the weekend :teeth:

I've given up looking at the lies on the five day forecasts on BBC Weather and suchlike - all that equipment and they still cant get it right!

ill check with the boss! :blush: barely see her as it is with work so need to check it would be ok and she doesnt have anything planned. if im free ill pop along.. show you a proper car! :headhurt: lol :p

might need to get it washed first though eh jay? ;)

OR u culd wash and wax the car yourself like a big boy :lol::teeth:

Right folks - just to confirm the plan for Sunday...

Meeting up at 1pm at the Showcase Cinemas (G69 7TZ for those who want to fire it in the Sat Nav) for a chat and some pics, then once we're all there we'll head off for a drive along the roads outlined in Garry's previous post:

1 - Motorway blast 30mins down M74, Showcase Cinema to Abington

2 - Abington to Sanquhar, 20-30 mins picturesque twisties including quick picture stops half way

3 - Sanquhar - quick stop to regroup/chat/eat/etc as required

4 - Sanquhar to Happendon, 20-30 mins drive through more twisites

5 - Return motorway blast from Happendon back to Showcase Cinema 20 mins

Garry's huge URL shows the route on Multimap

http://www.multimap.com/directions/?qs_1=colinslee+crescent%2C+glasgow&countryCode_1=GB&qs_2=Abington%2C+South+Lanarkshire%2C+Biggar%2C+Lanarkshire%2C+Scotland%2C+ML12+6&displayName_2=Abington%2C+South+Lanarkshire%2C+Biggar%2C+Lanarkshire%2C+Scotland%2C+ML12+6&lat_2=55.49204&lon_2=-3.69229&countryCode_2=GB&qs_3=sanquhar&countryCode_3=GB&qs_4=happendon%2C+scotland&countryCode_4=GB&qs_5=colinslee+crescent%2C+glasgow&countryCode_5=GB&mode=driving&optimizeFor=quickest&mapData=858#map=55.5392,-3.61286|10|4

Looking forward to seeing you all there, it should be a good day (keep your fingers crossed for good weather) :teeth:

If you need any further info or have any questions just drop me a PM.

Cool.

Looks like im gunna be doing the full drive with you too now. (just hope my co-pilot aint too hungover as I dont want to have to pull over for him to throw up!)

See you Sunday

Shame you cant make it !

I washed and waxed the Zed last night - today its floating in heavy rainwater and the wheels look like they have driven through a mud pit!

Oh well at least the dead bugs are washed off the bumper - really hope the weather picks up in Glasgow/Edinburgh - Stew mentioned it was gorgeous today not sure if he was talking about the weather or some gal he saw in the street! :lol:

Come on there most be some more of you out there that can come along to this glasgow meet. Get your name down people will be good to meet everyone and have a gander at the cars.

So whats the colour ratio? Mostly blade silvers lol :lol: