Nurburgring 14th/15th June

Dan

According to Google the 'ring is 641 miles from my front door.

I've always fancied going so I've decided to go next weekend.

Just wondered if anyone fancied forming a convoy ;)

I was planning to set off Saturday morning, early ish, drive all the way to a Hotel near the ring, chill out have a few beers and then Sunday morning put in a half dozen laps and drive home.

Or might just set off Friday tea time and make the journey a bit less hectic.

I've posted the same thing on the Supra forum, so there might be a couple of Supes in convoy too.

Anyone up for it ?

Anyone been before and can recommend a Hotel near the ring or give any useful tips ?

Thanks in advance.

Ben Lovejoys site will tell you all you need to know

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/

I Normally stay here

http://www.am-tiergarten.de/

Its pretty much on the track, you can hear the cars on the track from your room lol

You might find it will be quite quiet that weekend, Its the same weekend as Le mans so people might be heading over to france. Dont quote me though lol

If you go on the Tunnel it'll take you around 10 hours door to door, I'm 507 miles from the ring and takes me 8 hours, driving around 80-100.

If you go friday book into a hotel just over the other side, we stayed at one in Lille when we've done that before, can't remember what it was called though, then crack on in the morning and youll be there in about 3.5- 4 hours.

Don't bother trying to beat 10 mins a lap it took me 16 before I could do that and I'd played ps2 and watched loads on you tube. start of steady and build up slowly, most of the bends are 3rd or 4th so keep that in mind and you shouldn;t get in to much trouble, there is one 2nd gear bend but you have to slow for the bend before so you should see it coming.

If it rains, reconsider going out at all, its a totally diffferent line in the wet and really slippy on the normal line, I've seen loads of uk cars banged up in the armco from getting in wrong in the wet.

Heres a lap from a Z3 that I took over last year at easter.

I've taken the 350 this year but haven't had a chance to get the video sorted yet. The 350 was really nice around the ring, handled very well, make sure you cool it down in between laps, I did 2 in a row and the second was a bit hairy from the tires and brakes going off.

Hth

Ando

If you go on the Tunnel it'll take you around 10 hours door to door, I'm 507 miles from the ring and takes me 8 hours, driving around 80-100.

If you go friday book into a hotel just over the other side, we stayed at one in Lille when we've done that before, can't remember what it was called though, then crack on in the morning and youll be there in about 3.5- 4 hours.

Don't bother trying to beat 10 mins a lap it took me 16 before I could do that and I'd played ps2 and watched loads on you tube. start of steady and build up slowly, most of the bends are 3rd or 4th so keep that in mind and you shouldn;t get in to much trouble, there is one 2nd gear bend but you have to slow for the bend before so you should see it coming.

If it rains, reconsider going out at all, its a totally diffferent line in the wet and really slippy on the normal line, I've seen loads of uk cars banged up in the armco from getting in wrong in the wet.

Heres a lap from a Z3 that I took over last year at easter.

I've taken the 350 this year but haven't had a chance to get the video sorted yet. The 350 was really nice around the ring, handled very well, make sure you cool it down in between laps, I did 2 in a row and the second was a bit hairy from the tires and brakes going off.

Hth

Ando

Just watched your video Ando and my heart is pounding ! That looks fantastic, I can't wait to get out there.

I'm definitely not going to be flat out because the Z4M is only Third Party ( trade insurance ) and it owes me a bit too much money to drive with total abandon. I should imagine it's all too easy to get caught up in the moment, especially when something pretty mundane comes past !

However I am taking the girlfriend ( the wife can't make it LOL ) and I'm sure she will be smacking me in the ribs if I get too carried away :teeth:

Ben Lovejoys site will tell you all you need to know

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/

I Normally stay here

http://www.am-tiergarten.de/

Its pretty much on the track, you can hear the cars on the track from your room lol

You might find it will be quite quiet that weekend, Its the same weekend as Le mans so people might be heading over to france. Dont quote me though lol

That Hotel website says June 13-15 Superbike VM.

I can't read German, do you think that means I won't be allowed on ???

The SuperBike is on the GP track, The Nordschleife says touristenfahrten which is tourist travels, ie open track fun :yahoo:

http://www.nuerburgring.de/events.286.0.html

Top bloke, thanks Jon :thumbs:

I'm guessing touristenfahrten is German for "tourists farting about".

Struggling finding a Hotel near the ring, but should be plenty within an hours drive. Very excited now. I need a wee...

Look in Koblenz, about a 20 min drive to the ring. lots of big hotels. Ive stayed at the Ibis in Kolbenz before quite nice and fairly cheap :D

Thanks Jon, they are fully booked that night ( 14th ).

I'm really struggling, looks like we're taking a Tent then :yawn: