Jobs worths alive and well still!

stanski

Went to the tip last night - helping mate out with shifting some old broken up wardrobes and cupboards - Tip is open till 20:00 - well not exactly - the drive in area is closed but the skips are open till 20:00 where they have a barrier that cars only can get under? So I am in my van and yes it wont fit - we have a van load of wood to shift :angry:

We asked the guy if it would be possible to open the barrier - as the skip for wood is right at the top (of course) nope - sorry sir cant do that ..... So 40 mins later after he had watched us struggle up hill with nail infested planks etc... I know its not his fault its just stupid council rules - I would have been happy to sign anything saying I am not trade if that would have made things better but.... a guy next to me turned up in his minibus and with a load of turf to shift - same thing.. His wife was not a happy bunny! :headhurt:

Great here innit! Oh well got a free workout still more interesting than going to the gym I suppose and its free :yawn:

Loads of bins here and they are emptied at 6am every da never a problem.

I parked my car outside my house last week and the recycling wagon driver said he couldn't get past it they made an elderly neighbour carry all the boxes to the wagon. HSE rules limit how far they can carry them :rant:

HSE rules limit how far they can carry them

Funny if I abided by those rules I should be getting a rest from my screen every 15 mins or something and working the 37.5 hrs week - instead of the normal 45-50 hour week - which of course they all tell you at work - ooh your working too many hours let someone else do that for you , of course we are understaffed so who has to do it - yup ..... :dry:

Anyway life is good but its peeing it down here - how are things in Spainski Uncle Mart? :thumbs:

Cool - or should I say hot! Well enjoy it - don't get me wrong I love this country but sometimes the common sense Gene is getting washed away in the rain!

Enjoy the cocktails... :teeth::sun:

Test question for Liz - What is Mige's middle name and does he buy his grundies from M&S or somewhere more arty? :lol: (I dont really want to know the answer to that...........)

Similar thing happened to me.

Last time we moved house our new house wasn't ready so we rented a terraced house for a few weeks. The time came to move and we decided to throw out a lot of stuff so I went out of my way to borrow my mates Van to take it all to the tip. We spent a couple of hours loading the Van with all the stuff we didn't want anymore, and set off to the tip.

When we got to the tip the guy said no Vans were allowed and refused to let us dump our stuff, despite me explaining I had borrowed the Van on purpose because I didn't have a suitable car and what would be the difference if I turned up with an estate car loaded to the hilt ?

So anyway, in a very bad mood, I drove up the back alley behind the terraced house, climbed into the back of the Van and pushed the whole lot out into the alley. I then made an anonymous phone call to the council to tell them someone had dumped a load of rubbish in the street and sat back and watched as they sent a truck with two workers who spent 4 hours - including half a dozen tea breaks - clearing the mess.

It's exactly the same here with me.

I had some asbestos roofing sheets to dispose of and since they obviously wouldn't fit in the car, I put them in my race car trailer and took them to the local council tip. Yep you've guessed it - no trailers allowed. So I said to the jobs worth, you either let me in to dispose of this hazadous material into the appropriate container, or I shall be forced to break it up into smaller pieces so it will fit in the boot of the car, but indoing so will be releasing asbestos material into the atmosphere. He still wasn't having any of it so I did the same as Dan and let the local authorities take care of it.

funny you should both mention dumping the stuff - it crossed my mind last night - what if I dumped it on the town hall grass maybe they would take it away for us - is it any wonder people fly tip! (I would'nt recommend that though) :ninja:

I've been lucky to be fair even though I have turned up over the years in various flat beds , vans and my 4x4's they have never given me any grief just ask the usual trade question (which I am not) and no bother.

So last night was a pain - I would'nt mind but the barrier was'nt even pad locked.

Such is life.