Reverse PArking Sensor Mayhem

MrLizard

Hi All,

After ragging the car round silverstone on the weekend my reverse parking sensor doesnt work, it has a low and then high pitched beep constantly, a beep i havent heard before no matter how close i have got to the object behind me. This beep doesnt alter no matter what i do.

Having come from an audi, boy is the service different.

Sorry sir any factory fitted options only have a 12 month warranty :(

Can anyone help?

lol

i will try the battery thing,

nissan tell me £25+vat to put it on diagnostics that the guy said probably wouldnt fix, then £79+vat per hour till fixed....

ill let people know after the battery, its not as if i cant park but just annoying having something that loud beep at you

ta guys

ok so i know what happened now, a friend of mine who is a mechanic and also who im going in with the track car project spotted it.

where the sensors are there is maybe 10ft of spare wire that has been bunched up, tied in a knot and was just hanging there.

This stopped just after i came off the track at silverstone, basically the exhaust had heated up so much it has melted the cable onto itself :scare:

So now i need to re-cable the sensor and unstick it from the exhaust which must be shorting it out. :headhurt:

Can anyone tell me if this is a standard option on 350z or if you think it might be an aftermarket job? The cable looks like mains house cable! :wacko:

ta

Steve

I can answer that one straight away. The loom/sensor behind bumper is standard fit to British sourced cars. They included it on my recent bumper quote although I do not have rear parking sensors (well at the moment anyway!) :rant:

Right, well ive fixed it with some help from a m8 who knows how to use a welder, there were two cables, within each was 2 wires, one for each of the 4 sensors.

Removed the right rear light cluster and cable tied the wiring loom to the wire leading to the rear tail light, there isnt that much pull on it and it definitely wont hit the exhaust now :)

Ta for the comments :)