World Environment Day

Stew

Received this email this morning. Might not be to everyones thinking but could be nice to introduce this into your workplace - it's only a day!

Thant and the fact our cars are BIG polluters at least it shows we're making an effort......

Folks

World Environmental Day may be a good way of encouraging people to just take a small amount of time and do something that will make a difference.

There will be differing levels of interest, all I ask is that you pass on to others, what day it is, and challenge them to contribute, in whatever way they want.

It would be great to hear from any location that gets involved and does something we could all benefit from

Thanks to XXXXXXXXXXX for putting this information together, im doing my bit, I am recycling her information!!

Were you aware that World Environment Day 2008 is approaching?

World Environment Day, commemorated each year on 5 June, is one of the principal vehicles through which the United Nations stimulates worldwide awareness of the environment and enhances political attention and action.

Emacs!

Go to the web page http://www.unep.org/wed/2008/english/ for more information, free posters, facts and figures, case examples and more.

The World Environment Day slogan for 2008 is Kick the Habit! Towards a Low Carbon Economy. Recognising that climate change is becoming the defining issue of our era, UNEP is asking countries, companies and communities to focus on greenhouse gas emissions and how to reduce them. The World Environment Day will highlight resources and initiatives that promote low carbon economies and life-styles, such as improved energy efficiency, alternative energy sources, forest conservation and eco-friendly consumption.

Do it Digsy! :lol:

I think it's all b*llocks to be honest but thought this might be of interest to someone - especially if brownie points can be scored at work!

I'll take 10% of all pay rises! :teeth:

Do it Digsy! :lol:

I think it's all b*llocks to be honest but thought this might be of interest to someone - especially if brownie points can be scored at work!

I'll take 10% of all pay rises! :teeth:

:lol: Well I'm my own boss so no brownie points here!

I'm just getting tired of being told what to do. I think I'm turning into Clarkson without the wit. :blush:

I dont mind doing my bit for the enviroment. I recycle and everything but it just really peaves me off that the motorist gets punsihed in the name of saving the world when America and China pump out all that shizzle from the industries everyday and refuse to do anything about it.

It makes the idea of switching to a more economical/less CO2 producing car seem utterly pointless.

And dare I say it you have a better hair do too! :lol:

Sir, you're too kind! :lol:

Much as I'd love to show my rebelliousness by buying a huge f@ck-off 4x4 I wouldn't be able to get it through my gates which won't accept anything wider than a Zed, so I'd have to park it on the road. And then some lefty, tree-hugger would write me a message in the paintwork with a key to show how much more civilised he is than me. But at least then I could increase my carbon footprint by setting the tofu-eater alight with super-unleaded. Hmmm, maybe I will. :teeth:

We had this at my works last year - I did the official photo's - its was basically a load of b******s!

Just an excuse for your company to say how envnro friendly it is which is pretty damn hard for mine as it manufactures assorted chemical products for house and home etc!!

Of course local toyota dealer got on the act and they had a Prius and Lexus doodar on show at the front of the building - talk about sales opportunity or what! Don't beleive the hype most companies just use it as a PR exercise as does the government!

Defence rests your honour! :dry: