Shipping from USA.... any suggestions?

Hey guys,

Does anyone know of a shipping company that i could use when purchasing things off eBay.com?

On their eBay there are so many things for the zed, and they're all half the price of over here...

Im in the market for a set of alloys at the moment, but dont wanna spend too much, so usa might be an option... who does adam use when shipping? ...and do wheels get spanked at customs?

take a look at the auction below... im not saying they'll end at that price, but there are others with buy it now prices for not much more... and even if i pay $400 for shipping then im still saving!

19" Staggered Wheels

Any suggestions welcome.

funny you should mention this - a lot of companies wont ship to UK - you need a states postcode - but there are hosting companies over there - check out http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ there was an article a while back about it?

I want to get the 160GB ipod - its about 200 dollars - about £100 - bargain! So ifTere maybe can set up a forwarding service for us!! :lol:

Mates getting married in California next year and wants me to go over for the wedding so will make a holidayand buying spree out of it I think! ;)

Never been over there before :scare:

funny you should mention this - a lot of companies wont ship to UK - you need a states postcode - but there are hosting companies over there - check out http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ there was an article a while back about it?

I want to get the 160GB ipod - its about 200 dollars - about £100 - bargain! So ifTere maybe can set up a forwarding service for us!! :lol:

Mates getting married in California next year and wants me to go over for the wedding so will make a holidayand buying spree out of it I think! ;)

Never been over there before :scare:

Well, my dad lives in Texas and im waiting for some bits from him right now (intake duct and aut eyelids - paid $65!!) but i cant ask him to ship wheels for me - he's a busy man!

Anyway, having just read the money saving experts guide, im not sure i'd want to buy anything of value - you pay import duty and then VAT!? How ridiculous. I hate this country.

...but i did manage to get my laptop back through customs in March when i was over there - so it only cost me £200!!

Anyway, having just read the money saving experts guide, im not sure i'd want to buy anything of value - you pay import duty and then VAT!? How ridiculous. I hate this country.

Yeah they tax you on your tax and then when thats dont they tax you again!! :angry:

I was thinking of getting some new lenses for my Pentax SLR , so if I get them and just stick em in my camera case - how are they to know I have got them over there? Same with the Ipod?? But these are small electrical items, Alloys are a different game I suppose? :wacko:

Yes you will get taxed by customs on them unless your very lucky. From experience even after paying shipping from the U.S & customs charges some things still work out cheaper than UK prices.

Yeah they tax you on your tax and then when thats dont they tax you again!! :angry:

I was thinking of getting some new lenses for my Pentax SLR , so if I get them and just stick em in my camera case - how are they to know I have got them over there? Same with the Ipod?? But these are small electrical items, Alloys are a different game I suppose? :wacko:

Thats what i did - i just packed an old beat-up laptop carry case in my luggage when i went out, with a uk spec power supply lead, so it didnt look brand spankers on the way back!