SATNAV systems

Pimm

When i got my car a month ago i did look at few others and fancied one that had the sat nav already built in with the birdview remote but the car was the wrong colour and when i got the colour i wanted it never had the nav in it :dry:

I know you can go to halfords and get yourself a nav system but i fancy the one that is ment for the car.

Will they fit straight in my existing dash and do they pulg straight into the bose system i have ?

AND the next question do they come up forsale often ie ebay or is the breakers the place i have to search for.

When i got my car a month ago i did look at few others and fancied one that had the sat nav already built in with the birdview remote but the car was the wrong colour and when i got the colour i wanted it never had the nav in it :dry:

I know you can go to halfords and get yourself a nav system but i fancy the one that is ment for the car.

Will they fit straight in my existing dash and do they pulg straight into the bose system i have ?

AND the next question do they come up forsale often ie ebay or is the breakers the place i have to search for.

Birdview retro fit is very expensive bud. Lots of guys with other options on here with units that are at least as good for a lot less money. You could buy a set of alloys for the difference

Pimm,

Have a look at an old thread of mine from the summer last year to see what I did with an aftermarket Satnav system. Its works a treat.

Satnav

Craig.

Just had a quick look through what you have done to ya motor and fairplay nicely done. Regarding the nav i was only testing the water hence to speak if i could get the nissan system fitted cheap BUT i do not think this is the case.

As said above i would rather buy a new set of(nismo) alloy's.

:yahoo::yahoo:

I'm not totally certain on this, but there is a good chance the Sat Nav unit will be protected by NATS, just like the stereos are. This means they are coded to the ECU and will not work in any other car. You need to make absolutely certain before you buy one out of a breakers or from Ebay otherwise you could be wasting your money.