350Z Prices.

interestedina350z

Hi,

I am a first time poster, and just about to order the MY06 Z. My question is :- The dealership have told me that even although I am buying without a trade in that they cannot discount the car due to them trying to keep residuals high. Have any of you guys heard this or is the dealership trying to pull a fast one????

Thanks,

David

When I ordered my Roadster last January paying cash, all I got was mats as there were no discounts then. Most discounts have been on the pre facelift stock.

If you had no trade in but were using their finance then you would probably be able to negotiate some extra but only because that is where they are making the money from you.

Out of interest as a new Sales Exec to Nissan would anybody be willing to post how much they paid / are paying for their '06 with any options they have got (are paying for with the car) ?

Would be interested to see if I could beat the price lol :D

I bought mine just under a year ago and it was the ex demo which seemed to be the only way I could get a deal. I went to 3 local dealers and they all said the same thing - Nissan weren't allowing them to do any deals on the prices as (1) they were selling well enough anyway and (2) they wanted the cars to hold their value - which they've obviously done. I'd say if you're dead set on getting it soon then push them for as many extras as you can get, if you don't mind waiting say 3-6 months why not see if you can pick up a demo? Mine was 4 months old with 3800 miles on it - virtually new.

I bought mine just under a year ago and it was the ex demo which seemed to be the only way I could get a deal. I went to 3 local dealers and they all said the same thing - Nissan weren't allowing them to do any deals on the prices as (1) they were selling well enough anyway and (2) they wanted the cars to hold their value - which they've obviously done. I'd say if you're dead set on getting it soon then push them for as many extras as you can get, if you don't mind waiting say 3-6 months why not see if you can pick up a demo? Mine was 4 months old with 3800 miles on it - virtually new.

Weren't you worried that any ex-demo would have been thrashed to buggery from brand new by anyone and everyone who test drove it?

Yes and no mate to be honest, initially I was worried about it but then I figured that as it only had a few thousand miles on it it didn't really make that much difference. Plus I think modern engines are far happier having the nuts revved off them. Also I kinda thought that a lot of people that would take test drives in them probably would have been a bit daunted and not really have given it loads. In any case, had no probs so far :thumbs: