How low to go?? suspension lowering question...

Hi all looking to drop my zed a little in the very near future when i take collection of some alloys , and im looking to get a nice looking but functional ride height?

from looking at some of the photos i see a lot have and a lot have not? just wondering on what you lads and lasses would recommend .

ie coilovers or the cheaper option spring kit, ?

i will be fitting an uprated antiroll bar in the future , but im not looking to alter spring rates or damping much if at all...

any real world experience would be greatly appreciated

Having considered at various times lowering springs and coilovers the figures that seem to be agreed on by most, by whichever option are 10mm front and 15mm rear.

Mine is pretty low looking at the moment and having coilovers fitted next week. By my estimates thios will clear any reasonable bumps and speed bumps.

martingt maybe its an optical illusion but yours seems very low from standard , (well atleast compared to mine) i will have to get a piccy of mine for comparison..

cheers lads great info coming in.

I drove like a muppet for a while after the kit was fitted but am now happy to take all normal obstcles on. Driving behind Stew for a while helped, he has the kit and is lowered. Looks very low but he hasnt any issues with it.

I'm young and stupid and full of optimism! :lol:

Mine is pretty low especially with my kit but I just drive normally mostly, I do occasionally get sweaty palms when faced with a tricky one though!

You have to plan your route, I tend not to got over speed bumps unless absolutely nescessary.

I'm young and stupid and full of optimism! :lol:

Mine is pretty low especially with my kit but I just drive normally mostly, I do occasionally get sweaty palms when faced with a tricky one though!

You have to plan your route, I tend not to got over speed bumps unless absolutely nescessary.

Im with Stew, well actually just behind him ;)

eibach springs mate.

people say they lowered it 15mm, some 20mm, some 30mm, but in reality it just looks awesome :yahoo:

ride and handling is superb too.

standard height

20small.jpg

lowered

I love those wheels, what make are they ?? how much :thumbs:

100_2085small.jpg