wheel cleaning pad

M13KYF

I'm after a alloy wheel cleaning pad. Like the wheel brushes you can get but with a microfibre sponge on the end instead of a brush and thin enough to get past the disc brakes. Anybody know of anything.

Clean and shiny do a wheel Wash Shmitt but it doesn't have a handle, goes over your hand.

Only other option is a homewares place that does the washing up brushes with the sponges on the end.

I have ordered a variety of wheel brushes including a wheel back brush from polished bliss. They use them on the cars they detail so it's certainly up to the task and won't damage anything. If you want I can order some for you (-10%) or I'll let you know how I get on with them.

be interested tp know if it can get between the disc calliper and inner wheel rim.

I tend to go for the 'get a cloth and pull it round while leaving all skin on the back of your hand on the brake disc' approach! :headhurt::blush:

be interested tp know if it can get between the disc calliper and inner wheel rim.

I tend to go for the 'get a cloth and pull it round while leaving all skin on the back of your hand on the brake disc' approach! :headhurt::blush:

Thats pretty much what i did and it worked, however the other route is to work around it, then wheel the car forward or backwards a small amount and clean the now unhidden area. :thumbs:

My little feminine hands however enabled me to get behind the calipers on both the front and rear calipers :thumbs:

same problem for me and especially irritating on the rear disc with its knife edge protecting plate around the disc :blush:

same problem for me and especially irritating on the rear disc with its knife edge protecting plate around the disc :blush:

That is someone's idea of a joke, most knifes aren't supplied that sharp.

What about the Meguiars cone wheel brush, that collapses right down? Almost like a pipe cleaner. Works well for me. :)

Well I'll let you know when I try them out. I just used to pass the wash mitt that I used on my wheels round keeping my hands out the way! I did however still always end up with shredded hand syndrome!

I did try using the thin washing up pads at one point which tended to work quite well, however they just ended up being shredded themselves on the balancing weights and razor surrounding the rear brake discs!