New 2008 350Z GT (313) Roadster but no phone kit! :-(

paulroberts

Hi guys, I picked up my brand new 2008 350Z Roadster yesterday. In discussions with the dealer he led me to believe it came with the bluetooth phone kit, and their 313 demonstrator (a coupe) had one which he demonstrated.

So I'm a bit disappointed to find that mine doesn't have bluetooth. There's no cradle in the centre console arm rest, no voice/phone button on the steering wheel, and the satnav doesn't have the phone option in settings either.

I spoke to the dealer this morning and he thinks Nissan have changed the spec on the roadster so it's not included but he can't check until Monday.

I'm really disappointed as my old 10 year BMW I traded in had an ancient phone system, but I used it all the time. I'll be using the Z for business trips so it's crucial I have a hands free capability.

The dealer has said he'll provide a decent bluetooth headset for me if this is an issue, and I guess I'll get better call quality when the roof is down (I won't be able to hear them otherwise!), but, I dunno, I've just spent 31K and it's taken the edge of it, you know what I mean?

Does anyone know if the 08 model roadster is supposed to come with the phone kit fitted?

Cheers,

Paul

Welcome to the big word of Nissan dealer confusion Paul.

Basically, for many years now there have been the two specs, the base model and the GT.

The GT has the bluetooth, cruise control, alloys, bose stereo and leather heated seats. The base doesnt.

However, and this has always been the case, bluetooth isnt available in the roadster even though it is a GT spec.

Somebody clever will be along with a solution but the dealer is wrong.

Hope that helps :wacko:

Sorry, pal, Martin's right - you'll need an aftermarket kit if you want Bluetooth. :(

The Parrot kits come highly recommended and I'm sure someone else will have some other suggestions.

Oh man that sucks! :(

All through this deal I have been disappointed by the lack of information available from Nissan UK, the dealer seemed in the dark about quite a bit. I was initially told my car would come with 19" wheels but they turned out to be 18's (they're not Rays but some special's they used for a limited run). And no-one could show me a picture of the entry guards, not even on the Nissan web site (which is crap for checking out the options). I found them on a 3rd party site in the end.

Ah well, I have a feeling the handsfree kit would be next to useless in a roadster anyway. I'll have to get myself a headset or Parrot (the missus has got a Parrot and it works pretty well).

Thanks for the quick response.

Paul

Oh man that sucks! :(

All through this deal I have been disappointed by the lack of information available from Nissan UK, the dealer seemed in the dark about quite a bit. I was initially told my car would come with 19" wheels but they turned out to be 18's (they're not Rays but some special's they used for a limited run). And no-one could show me a picture of the entry guards, not even on the Nissan web site (which is crap for checking out the options). I found them on a 3rd party site in the end.

Ah well, I have a feeling the handsfree kit would be next to useless in a roadster anyway. I'll have to get myself a headset or Parrot (the missus has got a Parrot and it works pretty well).

Thanks for the quick response.

Paul

Sorry about that Paul,

one of the great advantages of this site is that it balances out the pretty appalling knowlede of many dealers. The "special edition" reply comes up on a regular basis, ofthen, but not always because the dealer hasnt a clue what the real spec is. I would have thought they could get it right on a new car though.

On the plus side they are great fun so enjoy and look forward to some great driving :D

It took me 4 months to get my handfree kit adapter that was supposed to come with my car (coupe GT spec).

Dealer swore blind they didnt come with it. I basically had to get the spec sheet out and show it to him before he believed me.

The simple solution is....never trust a dealer! Any dealer!

All coupés are supposed to come with the bluetooth kit now, base and GT. There's a supply problem which means some (like mine) are currently being delivered without, but I've been assured by my dealer that the cradle and adapter will be fitted at some point.

The roadster on the other hand does not have the phone integration, bluetooth or otherwise, in either grade. If your dealer has offered something free to make up for it I'd bite his hand off for it. :lol:

All coupés are supposed to come with the bluetooth kit now, base and GT. There's a supply problem which means some (like mine) are currently being delivered without, but I've been assured by my dealer that the cradle and adapter will be fitted at some point.

The roadster on the other hand does not have the phone integration, bluetooth or otherwise, in either grade. If your dealer has offered something free to make up for it I'd bite his hand off for it. :lol:

Lets see your night blue nismo'd coupe B)

Has anyone fitted bluetooth to their roadster - is it usable? I'm toying with fitting a Kenwood 5220 with the BT adaptor - but if all the person on the other end will hear is wind noise there may not be much point... I was thinking of mounting the mic at the top of the A pillar.

Dave

Has anyone fitted bluetooth to their roadster - is it usable? I'm toying with fitting a Kenwood 5220 with the BT adaptor - but if all the person on the other end will hear is wind noise there may not be much point... I was thinking of mounting the mic at the top of the A pillar.

Dave

Havent fitted one but would be suprised if there was an issue with the roof up, doesnt strike mw as that noisy.

hanel fitted a sony erriccson kit to his. Worked ok from what I recall.

I have one fitted to my car but don't use it as I use the Nissan one. I'm a two car phone man :teeth:

It came with the car when I bought it but I never removed it as it was better than the Nissan one at the time as it is bluetooth and the old Nissan system wasn't