Possible change

SwissZ

Ok... here's the deal. I've had no end of problems with my May 06 roadster and whilst it was at the garage again last week I got thinking. So much so that I've got an offer for a brand new one.

I got a really good deal on mine anyway so the loss is not going to be so bad. They've offered me a new one fully loaded for mine (GT Pack, Rays no nav) + £12,000. New is £32,000 here.

I'm liking the idea of the extra power, new interior, I'm not too bothered about the problems I've had with the current one and nothing else interests me at the moment anyway but I'm still undecided.

What do you guys think?

Cheers

Ok... here's the deal. I've had no end of problems with my May 06 roadster and whilst it was at the garage again last week I got thinking. So much so that I've got an offer for a brand new one.

I got a really good deal on mine anyway so the loss is not going to be so bad. They've offered me a new one fully loaded for mine (GT Pack, Rays no nav) + £12,000. New is £32,000 here.

I'm liking the idea of the extra power, new interior, I'm not too bothered about the problems I've had with the current one and nothing else interests me at the moment anyway but I'm still undecided.

What do you guys think?

Cheers

Not a bad call mate. The new engine is terrific - you can feel the extra power, it sounds better but smoother and it just wants to rev out to the 7500 red line. Steering is lighter but seems to still have plenty of feel. Clutch is lighter but less progressive and jerky at low revs - I hate it and its the worst thing about moving to a MY07.

You can make your own mind up on the "improved" interior but its no great shakes IMHO.

If your old Zed is a "Friday afternoon" build and you don't want anything else I doubt you'll be disappointed. :thumbs:

Clutch is lighter but less progressive and jerky at low revs - I hate it and its the worst thing about moving to a MY07.

I doubt (hope) the clutch could be any worse than the one that was in mine. That was shocking! It's better now they replaced the whole lot but still jerky.

Should taking a new one for a test drive next week so I guess I'll know then.

Cheers for the advice :thumbs:

I wouldnt get a new car to replace your old when its exactly the same, ive never understood why people do that as i would rather use the money for mods or save it.

However, if you can work out the cost of keeping yours, to trading it in for another, working out how much you will lose in the years you have it until you buy another car etc etc etc and financially it works out cheaper, go for it :thumbs:

So, just to confuse matters a little more... Whilst mine was getting 2nd service at a new garage today, I took a brand new roadster out and got another offer on a trade in.

Liked the new one. Difficult to describe how it felt. A bit tighter, smoother.... thought I could feel the extra power but I didn't really rag it as it really was brand new and I felt a bit guilty taking it over 4,000 revs :blush: Steering lighter, but ok. Clutch, fine.

Got back to the garage to be given a crap offer on mine which he's gone away to make much much better after I showed him the offer I already have.

But then... My current one has a strange vibration when you take your foot off at about 3,500 revs. My ex garage (who made me a damn good offer on a new one) replaced whatever holds the rear axle to the car, god alone knows why, as even I was sure that couldn't be the problem and then told me the Nissan Switzerland said the vibration is normal and they wouldn't look at it again. I was looking at legal action as I was convinced its not normal. Hence the reason for me wanting to get shut of it. Too much damn hassle.

Anyway... turns out the new garage agrees with me. It's not normal and they want the car for a few days to check it out. And now I'm not sure what to do. Think I'm going to hold on and see what comes of them checking it over and then make a decision.

Damn, I hate loving this car so much! :lol: