Electric window problems with a 2005 350Z roadster

ROY0147

This started when I opened the roof, both windows went right down. I put the roof up and the windows did not close. The passenger one closed using it's switch but the driver's side would not move. I read that a slap on the face on the door card might work and it did so the window closed. I tried again, the window went down but did not return so I slapped a bit harder and the window motor made a horrible noise, the window started to come up slowly and juddering but stopped part way up. Now I cannot move either of the windows.

Could a fuse have blown? There is no information in the handbook re. fuse numbers.

I can see on the Forum people have reset but only with the windows working. For my older car someone said a rest button is behind the door card.

Can anyone help please?

Is there a local independent who is into 350zs - I live just south of Bristol

12 hours ago, ROY0147 said:

This started when I opened the roof, both windows went right down. I put the roof up and the windows did not close. The passenger one closed using it's switch but the driver's side would not move. I read that a slap on the face on the door card might work and it did so the window closed. I tried again, the window went down but did not return so I slapped a bit harder and the window motor made a horrible noise, the window started to come up slowly and juddering but stopped part way up. Now I cannot move either of the windows.

Could a fuse have blown? There is no information in the handbook re. fuse numbers.

I can see on the Forum people have reset but only with the windows working. For my older car someone said a rest button is behind the door card.

Can anyone help please?

Is there a local independent who is into 350zs - I live just south of Bristol

ask @ShortPaul

He's in the Bristol area.