Replacement pads/general brakes question

AssaTM

Hi all,

I'm a new 370z owner here so certain things are different to previous cars I have owned, such as aftermarket pads etc that are worth paying more for and general maintenance.

I've just had the car serviced and everything is fine but the pads are starting to wear and I can now audibly hear it so I'm looking to get some new ones, I have the red brake calipers so I believe they would be the Akebono calipers if on a 2015 model? If so what pads are recommended? and on top of that, is there any easy way to identify when the discs need changing as well, or should I do it all at the same time? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you! :)

• 2 months later...
On 30/08/2023 at 16:02, AssaTM said:

Thank you! :)

That is very informative and I really do appreciate it! Which out of those two do you recommend? I use the car as a daily driver if that affects anything at all, no track racing etc

Probably a bit late to be of any use now, but Abbey replaced my brake pads a few months ago with Hawk items.

Good pads and work well, p!us cheaper than the standard Nissan items.