Cutting out on idle, struggling to rev out

ZaneDylan

Hi,

I’ve recently started getting this issue where my car cuts out on idle, struggles to rev out sometimes, feels almost like a misfire.

I’m not getting any misfire engine codes, I did have an o2 sensor code but changing those out didn’t fix the problem.

So far I’ve: cleaned the maf, scanned the codes and changed o2 sensors.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated:D

1 minute ago, Coz@TORQEN said:

Hi Zane, 

I would try the MAF again just in case, then clearing the codes and following the ECU and TB reset process. 

What you're describing sounds MAF or Throttle Body related.

Hi Coz,

I forgot to mention, after it cuts out it won’t start again for another 10 minutes. Not sure if this helps with diagnosis

Cleaned the throttle body just now and did an idle reset

would it be the case of a new maf or give it another clean?

UPDATE: I’ve cleaned maf and throttlebody, did ecu reset and throttlebody relearn.

Changed crank position sensor.

I plan on trying to test the fuel system. The pump does prime. 

any other suggestions would be much appreciated:)

UPDATE 2: more accurate explanation now that it’s been going on for longer.

So when on throttle and moving it feels like misfiring/stuttering/lurching, not liking to rev out under load.
If I turn the car on and let it idle without driving it or revving it, it’ll idle indefinitely without really missing a beat.
When I rev it out a few times or drive it for more than 5-15 minutes it starts having the issue.
When it breaks down it will splutter and “backfire” until it comes to a stop, which is soon after as it pretty much reduces how much my throttle can do (although I do feel like adding throttle slows down the breakdown).
After it breaks down, it takes anywhere from 10 minutes to a couple hours before it’ll start again. After that it’ll start like normal and won’t notice problems until revving or driving.
If I try start it before it’s ready it’ll struggle to start and splutter or just making the noise from the starter motor.