BMC CDA Carbon Air Filter Refurbished

Jay zee

Came across this old, battered, blast from the past on ebay and had to take on the challenge to bring it back to life! 

Managed to get a BMC sticker but still can't find a CDA one😕 Nevertheless, after several ours with a toothpick and toothbrush it was ready for the K&N cleaning kit with a final polish to finish it off.

Initially, I would have liked more time period correct mods on the Z. However, nostalgia aside, modern does mean better.

Unfortunately, I don't feel the BMC intake would be better than my current setup. (Direnza intake pipe/heat shield with Greddy Cone filter) 

Back in the day if you had one of these on your saxo or 106 you were the pups nuts😂 Couldn't 'not' use this, so she's going on my other money pit, MK2 TT.

Some before & afters👍🏼

Screenshot_20230106_203641_Gallery_copy_1049x1399.jpg

Screenshot_20230106_203737_Gallery_copy_1222x1603.jpg

Screenshot_20230106_203717_Gallery_copy_1233x1536.jpg

Screenshot_20230106_203749_Gallery_copy_1169x1555.jpg

4 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

These were the intakes to have in the days!!! Motorsport derived and sooo looking. I have a knock version that I put on the Z but now switch between the MY06 air box and Pipercross cone filter.

https://www.350z-uk.com/topic/111683-db-nissan-350z-gt-05/?do=findComment&comment=1792969

Bloody hell that actually looks unbelievable! Such a clean bay, might have to pop it on the Z now!😂