Is this site slow?

bazza

Funny thing is - when you first got this site up and running I would get onto your site immediately - vv quick, however getting onto the OC site was incredibly slow.

Since then both sites have had issues where I haven't been able to view the pages at all and now this site takes approx 5-10 secs to load and the OC is immediate???

Anyway just saying that I too have noticed that the site has appeared to have slowed down since you made changes, which does mean I spend more time on the OC site!

Just thought I would let you know.

WILL

Guest prescience
Funny thing is - when you first got this site up and running I would get onto your site immediately - vv quick, however getting onto the OC site was incredibly slow.

Since then both sites have had issues where I haven't been able to view the pages at all and now this site takes approx 5-10 secs to load and the OC is immediate???

Anyway just saying that I too have noticed that the site has appeared to have slowed down since you made changes, which does mean I spend more time on the OC site!

WILL

You are doing something wrong. I log in via anonymous proxy (AP) and it takes nothing like that long. On AP the OC is at least 2-3 times as slow :)

WILL

You are doing something wrong. I log in via anonymous proxy (AP) and it takes nothing like that long. On AP the OC is at least 2-3 times as slow :)

If I knew what that meant i woudl give it a whirl?? :)

Guest prescience

Its not something that you want to do unless forced it is needed for a restrictive host (eg work).

I just conducted 20 tests on my PC (no proxy - direct access) with both sites open 10 clicking 'last posts' here first and 10 clicking 'last posts' on OC first for 20 different threads

- all tests took less than 2 seconds

- 19 of 20 loaded the page here first; the only case was 1 of the 10 where the OC thread was clicked first

- I'm not the sort of person to report false findings and neither are you I'm sure

So as I say, there is something amiss if its taking 5-10 seconds :dry:

For those who think the site is running slow, try running a traceroute to the site to see where the slowdown is. To do this:

1) start -> run, type "cmd" press enter

2) type "tracert www.350z-uk.com", press enter

3) post the results here (if that's OK, moderators?) or via PM to me and I"ll check them out.

(that's typed without the " marks, such as cmd :) )

Guest prescience

I don't think this is the issue but we'll see... www.dnsStuff.com reports 28ms for OC vs 100ms for here which is opposite to the page loading results I posted above (and is in ms region anyway). This is only representative of the time to establish a basic link.

Page loading is what counts and that is where the issue seems to be.

This is really weird. Tonight I used both Explorer and Opera and both browses were slow to load pages. I then ran Firefox and everything loaded almost a once. Ran opera at the same time and still slow. The annoying thing is when the site is slow to load I can't do anything else on the laptop, it appears to lock-up until the page has eventually finished loading.

Bazza :wacko: