French conversion

Simon16500

Just incase anyone else needs to change their plates over to French ones, which if you live in France is pretty much compulsary, here is what I did.

I replaced both rear indicators with Tarmacz led synchronous (or asynchronous?) indicators.  Went for an MOT (Controlle Technique) and failed as I had no foglight.

I bought the 370 fog/reversing light and cut a hole in the middle of the bumper for it, also removing a small chunk of the polystyrene inside. 

Also fitted new LHD headlights.

Went to the local garage this afternoon and pointed out that the glue I had used to stick the fog light in had melted so I had put some tape over it to hold it in (by this point i had a booked MOT so had to go), and that one of the headlights seemed to be working at half the effort.  He shrugged and got very excited about the car, roof down, sunny day, shrugged a bit and finished his garlic sandwich and said Pffft a few times.

I came back an hour later and he was beaming from ear to ear and said that the tape worked and the headlight was not working properly, put them both down as advisories and tried asking me technical questions about the headlights which escaped my ability to comprehend, and waved me off with a pass to come back in 2 years.

Now to send the paperwork off to get a new number plate.

I really thought this day would never come.

20200603_095948[1].jpg

• Like 2