I need Brakes and Tyres - Advice and Help Needed Please

DannyH

Hi all,

i have been told by nissan that i need new discs and pads on the front of my 350z roadster, my question is where is the cheapest place i can get this job done as nissan want £650 for the job, and im sorry but im not paying that for discs and pads espesially when German Swedish and French will sell me the pads for £25 and i have seen discs on ebay which look cheap, so any ideas wouls be great thanks, also im in need of two rear tyres, and if anyone knows where i can get some cheap good tyres id really really appreciate it, thanks everyone.

Danny

Big Phil seems to have the keenest prices :thumbs:

As far as tyres are concerned I did a price check last night for myself coincidentally - going off this forums section on tyres, I am tempted by Falcons purely for cost reasons its saves me £100 for a full set.

Prices from www.camskill.co.uk include free delivery

Toyo Proxes T1R

Rear £119.40

Front £101.30

Falcon ZE912

Rear £88.10

Front £81.10

Hope this helps?

IMO you can't buy a sports car then put the cheapest brakes and tyres on it. Why not just buy a 'normal' car?

That said, Nissan are taking the ****. Buy a set of discs and pads from BigPhil and either spend a day fitting them yourself for free (I did my 4 discs and pads a couple of weekends ago in a few hours). Or take them to any garage and get them to do it for you. It's so simple, I'd even trust Kwik Fit... :D

As i've said before, i would never go to a main dealer for anything.

I had new pads fitted on the rear of my z 2 months ago, and the garage said its the easiest car they've ever changed the pads on as the handbrake assembly is separate from the rear hub, so they only charged me £20 for labour, and the pads were only £40 (non-brembo brakes).

I'd recommend getting the parts from Phil @ ESR as everyone has said, as these'll be cheaper than what Nissan would charge you. Then just get them fitted at any garage - i had mine done at National Tyres in Macc. Great service. Anyone can change discs and pads.

I have a couple of part worn RE040's (rears) in the garage....

As for brakes, I would speak to Phil at ESR, he will have a range to offer. :thumbs:

Sorry to hijack but H5, how part worn are the RE040's, and what size are they?

Im after 1x rear RE040R in 17" (235/50/17) in as new condition as possible - i've got 3 of these almost brand new (which i paid £115 incl wheels - delivered), i just need a 4th but dont want to pay much for it!!

I have a couple of part worn RE040's (rears) in the garage....

As for brakes, I would speak to Phil at ESR, he will have a range to offer. :thumbs:

Sorry to hijack but H5, how part worn are the RE040's, and what size are they?

Im after 1x rear RE040R in 17" (235/50/17) in as new condition as possible - i've got 3 of these almost brand new (which i paid £115 incl wheels - delivered), i just need a 4th but dont want to pay much for it!!

They're 18" rears for Rays mate. Sorry.

Will put pics up of the tyres later.